GuZheng

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to use Expression Map to add vibrato, pitchbend, glissando effet but i don't know how to do. Is my wish realisable ?
We haven't got an expression map yet, but I want to look into this, especially version 2 in Cubase 6 (which Kontakt doesn't yet support fully, unfortunately).

At the moment however, you can use any MIDI CC you like for pitch bend, glissando, tremolo, and the front panel knobs. Simply set up the instrument how you like, and save it. You could then make an expression map for that setup.

The problem with an expression map is we would have to fix those controller routings, which is then not as flexible if working in other sequencers or with various keyboard/controllers. So it may just be that we make a single "expression map instrument" for Cubase.

Anyway, stay tuned. Looking into it.

cheers
Dan
Soniccouture

Thank you for prompt answer :)

soniccouture wrote:At the moment however, you can use any MIDI CC you like for pitch bend, glissando, tremolo, and the front panel knobs. Simply set up the instrument how you like, and save it. You could then make an expression map for that setup.
Hi,

I'm thinking of what you told me but i haven't seen how to setup that expression map. Maybe you can help me out for an exemple more concrete ? Here is a screenshot of Score and Key Editor in Cubase.

As you can see, i made two glissandos on the second measure. On Key Editor page, they are visible but on Score Editor, there is just a silence symbol. So my question is how to figure them out on score page ?

Another glissando trouble is its direction. You can also see it on my picture. The first one was made from high to low and the second from low to high. But for the second, it was not what i wanted to do. I wanted to sweep from high to low as the first one but the position of wheel mod didn't let me do that. So my second question is : how to control the glissando direction on playing "live" ?

Many thanks,

To make a glissando with Guzheng you need to do it like this.

I'm attaching a midi file of that picture as well (at the very bottom of this post).

Also, download our MIDI files and check out the White Wind demo, which demonstrates a lot of Guzheng techniques.
http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products ... midi-pack/

cheers
Dan
Soniccouture

http://soniccouture.org/f/Gliss.mid

Thanks alot for your informations :D

I listened to the midi files, got an idea to make mine later. Thank you so much !

I opened the "White Wind" too, saw how you put right/left hand techniques. It helps a lot !

By the way,the glissando wheel mod seems weird. My scale enabled in Glissando Page is C D F G A but it doesn't sound in good order : something begins like C F A .... Have you got any idea about this ?

Return to “Soniccouture”