Logic Pro 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

may be a little desperate but could've been any number and knowing apple such little things do actually come by accident

That’s not the version number though, is it? Just a footnote.

What does it say btw? Ich spreche kein Deutsch

Should we expect a new version in a few weeks? Last update was in July

10.8 is out..

Johnnyjohn wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:13 pm 10.8 is out..
Maybe change the thread title, it’s a little misleading…

Lol I did say it was going to be only a disappointing 10.8 :D

Johnnyjohn wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:13 pm 10.8 is out..
Here's the blurb on it.
https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2023/11/ ... creativity.

apoclypse wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:36 pm Updated UI for their older plugins would be nice. They did some generic UI for their older plugins on the iPad, would love to see that migrate over to the Mac version too.
Yep, I happen to love the flatter, simpler guis they have done for some of the older ones and some of the more recent arrivals like PhatFX. So glad the "make it look like a space robot device" era is over. I haven't opened Delay Designer in ages for this reason (I'll feel pretty dumb if someone says that was already updated! That said I haven't updated either Logic or my OS in a while at this point...and I am really digging Valhalla Delay for most non-simple delays.)

I'd like to see even more Drummer styles and maybe more patterns for the existing ones. Maybe some updates to the drums themselves, though I tend to use other drum libraries anyway.

Can't think of much else. I'd say an updated piano and rhodes but I already have excellent 3rd party plugins (I still use Vintage Organ which I think is very nice.)

Stokely wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:11 pm
apoclypse wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:36 pm Updated UI for their older plugins would be nice. They did some generic UI for their older plugins on the iPad, would love to see that migrate over to the Mac version too.
Yep, I happen to love the flatter, simpler guis they have done for some of the older ones and some of the more recent arrivals like PhatFX. So glad the "make it look like a space robot device" era is over. I haven't opened Delay Designer in ages for this reason (I'll feel pretty dumb if someone says that was already updated! That said I haven't updated either Logic or my OS in a while at this point...and I am really digging Valhalla Delay for most non-simple delays.)

I'd like to see even more Drummer styles and maybe more patterns for the existing ones. Maybe some updates to the drums themselves, though I tend to use other drum libraries anyway.

Can't think of much else. I'd say an updated piano and rhodes but I already have excellent 3rd party plugins (I still use Vintage Organ which I think is very nice.)
Well, none of your wishes came true today :D

You all know that with any plugin in Logic you can set the GUI to "Controls" and it will drop the GUI altogether in favor of sliders and drop down menus. If you want generic interface design, Logic provides.

machinesworking wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:31 pm You all know that with any plugin in Logic you can set the GUI to "Controls" and it will drop the GUI altogether in favor of sliders and drop down menus. If you want generic interface design, Logic provides.
Yes

Stokely wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:11 pm

I don't remember exactly when Delay designer got the new UI, but it's had it for a bit at this point. Now we need the rest of the stuff to get updated as well such as the software instruments. ES2 etc. Those still have the old UI for some reason while the iPad has newer UI.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro // Ableton // Reason // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

All the old plugins really need GUI updates. I never learned to proper program the more complex ones because the rotating disks made zero sense and the little fiddly 8-pixel buttons were too tiny.

As for Ultrabeat, I think the new drum designer is pretty much that with a new coat of paint. But the VIs still sound pretty darn good on their own and really need to be dragged into the present (or future!)
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:50 pm All the old plugins really need GUI updates. I never learned to proper program the more complex ones because the rotating disks made zero sense and the little fiddly 8-pixel buttons were too tiny.

As for Ultrabeat, I think the new drum designer is pretty much that with a new coat of paint. But the VIs still sound pretty darn good on their own and really need to be dragged into the present (or future!)
Yes but no but yes but no because Ultrabeat’s got its synth engine in it as well ennit so it’s quite different and super cool; and it has a step sequencer. One can only hope maybe next time

audiouser720 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:33 pm
syntonica wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:50 pm All the old plugins really need GUI updates. I never learned to proper program the more complex ones because the rotating disks made zero sense and the little fiddly 8-pixel buttons were too tiny.

Yes but no but yes but no because Ultrabeat’s got its synth engine in it as well ennit so it’s quite different and super cool; and it has a step sequencer. One can only hope maybe next time
Hmm, I thought the synth engine was in there. The sequencer doesn't really concern me, though.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”