Digital Peak Meter Pro 1.1 released

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Digital Peak Meter Pro 1.1 has been released. It now supports VST format.

Upgrade is free for registered customers, and new customers will get 20% off until January 31st.

A demo version of the plug-in is now available.

Compared to the freeware version, it allows better control of the generated envelope, which can be reversed, and changed by a amount and offset parameters.

As usual http://software.bluecatonline.org for downloads and more information.

Upgrade Details:
VST Version released
GUI Improvement: now support non-standard DPI Settings
Now also records clip information
Simplified parameters to record
Version info is now shown in the about box (click on logo)
Bug fix: host may crash when stopping playback and the "Off" button of the peak meter is pressed
decay time can be set up to 1000 msec[/img]
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Blue Cat,
I couldn't figure out where to pick this up - did you email me something? I downloaded the demo from the website but that was the wrong thing to do, hehe...I blasted away my registered version. :help:
Thanx

kylen wrote:I couldn't figure out where to pick this up - did you email me something? I downloaded the demo from the website but that was the wrong thing to do, hehe...I blasted away my registered version. :help:
I did the same thing at first. I just connected to the same site that was referenced in your purchase email and looked around and found it.
Regards, Mike

Thanks mn - I'm glad you're more creative than I am! I got it :wink:

yes it's the in the same directory as the previous version you bought.

Sorry if it was not clear. :oops:

I think there's a problem with v1.1...

In Sonar4 I recorded the left peak envelope and it is giving me 2 nodes (of different values) when the slope changes - kind of like a stair step. In addition instead of the beautiful spline interpolation between envelope nodes I'm getting dashed lines.

I think something isn't right in the new version.

Are you sure you did not install the demo version?

Can you send a screenshot of your envelope?

I've just tested again in Sonar 4 and it just works like before. The only way to get dashes is to stop recording envelopes and start again a bit later on the track: you have dashes between the last recorded point and the new one. This can produce a kind of stair step, and this is normal since the recording has been stopped.

Did you try to record your envelope again without stopping the playback?

bluecatonline wrote:I've just tested again in Sonar 4 and it just works like before. The only way to get dashes is to stop recording envelopes and start again a bit later on the track: you have dashes between the last recorded point and the new one. This can produce a kind of stair step, and this is normal since the recording has been stopped.

Did you try to record your envelope again without stopping the playback?
These are right-angle stairs.

Code: Select all

|                |
I just tried it with VST v1.1 again from the beginning of the song without stopping. Another thing is recording the automation used to turn part of the audio red now it doesn't...

Argh - this is discouraging - just like the first day I tried it - I thing Sonar is having it's way with me! I keep trying a couple of things...

You mean you use the VST version with Sonar, not the DX one? :shock:

That might be the reason for this, since I am not sure Sonar's VST adapter supports output automation, and the previous version you had was DirectX...

bluecatonline wrote:You mean you use the VST version with Sonar, not the DX one? :shock:

That might be the reason for this, since I am not sure Sonar's VST adapter supports output automation, and the previous version you had was DirectX...
hehe - I always do stuff backwards...

I wrapped Peak Meter v1.1 in Directixer 2.5 and now it looks normal again. I was using Cakewalk VST Adapter v4.4.2 so you may be on to something there...

kylen wrote:
bluecatonline wrote:You mean you use the VST version with Sonar, not the DX one? :shock:

hehe - I always do stuff backwards...

I wrapped Peak Meter v1.1 in Directixer 2.5 and now it looks normal again. I was using Cakewalk VST Adapter v4.4.2 so you may be on to something there...
To me it's just a VST adapter issue which is not able to report automation to the host properly <hen it's "output" automation.

Anyway I advise you to use the directX version in Sonar (this is what you did in 1.0 since there was no VST version). You will have better results for sure than when using a VST with an adapter...

OK thanks Blue Cat - I understand what happened now...I built a house of cards based on a couple of wrong assumptions. Sorry for blaming v1.1 !

Long story short - I'm back to using the DX version per your recommendation and everything looks fine!

:wink:

That's cool :) .

I was a bit afraid since we spend a lot of time testing our products before releasing them...!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”