Stereo Widener a la Orban Stereo Spatial Enhancer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello :oops:

i'm searching for a plug which is able to produce the same or similar sound results as they would come with this hardware-unit

http://www.orban.com/orban/products/rad ... table.html :?:

As far as i know there are a few methods to give a mix more stereo but the most plugs seem to make it with conventional methods like m/s encoding/coding ..

So this one makes it on an other way, i don't know how it sounds. I can't find sound examples over the web. But i guess it must be sound good or .. :shock:

I mean, i like the FM-Radio Stereowidth and deepness. I hope this old hardware-unit gives this desired sound. I don't want to buy the Optimod 8400 to have this stereowidth ... :D

So if there's no plug (i fear that) someone could try to emulate this hardware unit and what it does with the mix, claiming this is an emulation of famous, old, vintage, analog and expensive hardware-units .. :wink:

I've got a great stereo width plugin called c_stereo. Lets you control every aspect of the stereo mix. E-mail me your contact info.
mikedboh

You could also check out Wide Boy..

mikedboh wrote:I've got a great stereo width plugin called c_stereo. Lets you control every aspect of the stereo mix. E-mail me your contact info.
So where's Nick Whitehurst and why are you distributing his software - curious minds want to know! What became of him? 8)

It's a great tool BTW JonnySun, the one I have is called c_superstereo (I've got a link somewhere too)...I don't know what your Orban sounds like but this'll do m/s adjustments and ssstttrrreeetttccchhh your stereo field (for better or worse depending)...

Did you mean t h i s ..

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepage ... hitehurst/

8)

Hm, i can remember i tried it and wasn't very happy with it. :roll:
I think it was because i already have the psp stereopack. So the orban stereo spatial enhancer works in a different manner. I want to hear how it sounds ... shit. :-o

Yup thats it, c_superstereo. Could you possibly recommend something better?(PC VST/DX)
mikedboh

I don't know what's better. :( i'm just searching for a plug that's able to deliver the radio-sound-known stereo-wideness. They use things like max ... max ... stereomax, that's it :)
Someone from a broadcaststation tells me i could use Waves S1. But i think this plug don't give the results you can hear in the radio. This algorithms seem to be finest art so i want this :shock:

JonnySun 2.0 wrote:Did you mean t h i s ..

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepage ... hitehurst/

8)

Hm, i can remember i tried it and wasn't very happy with it. :roll:
I think it was because i already have the psp stereopack. So the orban stereo spatial enhancer works in a different manner. I want to hear how it sounds ... shit. :-o
Yes that's the one. If you didn't like it then maybe you're looking for more of the psychoacoustic artifically created sound. c_superstereo is very transparent and only adjusts what's already in the signal (unless you use some of the L-R delay settings which I don't like to use).

I can't help you - sorry...I don't get outside of the stereo field much except when I hooked up Sonitus Surround plugin and stuff was twirling around behind my head (but I'm not into that right now so I didn't persue the doppler and other psychoacoustic aspects).

JonnySun 2.0 wrote:I don't know what's better. :( i'm just searching for a plug that's able to deliver the radio-sound-known stereo-wideness. They use things like max ... max ... stereomax, that's it :)
Someone from a broadcaststation tells me i could use Waves S1. But i think this plug don't give the results you can hear in the radio. This algorithms seem to be finest art so i want this :shock:
Did you try 'Wider Boy Pro'? I think you should be able to do what you are looking for with this.

Return to “Effects”