sonic foundry distortion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't find any vst plugs that can do the same. I wan't to be able to automate the slew rate so I can get cool effects on the drums. Are there any(free) vst effects that can do a similar thing? What exactly is the slew rate? It reminds me of BOC drums or something. It sounds SQUISHY.
Do not lick the fablanky

you should be able to open that as a dx plug if your host will, otherwise maybe a wrapper...i like screwing around with that slew rate, too and i can't think of any vst plugs that will do that. hadn't actually thought of using it in my host tho....thanks fo the idea :!:

Yeah, I do that a lot but I still can't automate the slew rate. I use fruity. Works really well on drum samples.
Do not lick the fablanky

Anyone gonna help me out on this?
Do not lick the fablanky

Slew rate? It has a specific meaning in electronics but I've never seen it used in a plug. You could try using a compressor and automating the ratio. That's the closest thing I can think of to slew rate in a plug.

nuffink wrote:Slew rate? It has a specific meaning in electronics but I've never seen it used in a plug.
Same thing. Slew rate is the time it takes for a signal to change. Slew rate in synths/effects usually meant in terms of a slew limiter, a means of controlling signal change period. Roughly same concept as an envelope generator or glissando/portamento function, so we'd need a distortion plug with an envelope follower/gate.

Not at home to check in Sound Forge what parameter is affected by the envelope, and off the top of my head, I can't think of distortion plugin with an envelope, but there has to be one out there.

Cheers,
Steve

I don't really mean an envelope I just mean a vst plug that the dials can be recognized in FL and record what I do to them.
Do not lick the fablanky

funkadil wrote:I don't really mean an envelope I just mean a vst plug that the dials can be recognized in FL and record what I do to them.
Oh. I would guess then most any distortion plugin. Does FL support full VST automation?

Yes it does, for the most part. but I need to know a vst that has that parameter (slew rate), but I'll also try your compression idea.
Do not lick the fablanky

Predatohm has slew-rate distortion.

Forever,

Kim.

Return to “Effects”