After Storm Pumping Trance

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5drjWHcXp8

I'm Using Cubase 13, Avenger and Spire. Amigo Sampler on the lil vocal sample.

My mixing is still way off so any feedback much appreciated. This was version 12.1 and thinking about it now v11 might be better, as the sub is pushed harder here, possibly a bit too much. It's a nightmare trying to keep everything clean once it all explodes together.

I'll always exchange feedback and constantly looking for collaboration.

Thank you
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W11, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

I actually think level and balance wise the mix on this is good.

It does all seem a bit too centred for me personally though and you would probably achieve a cleaner mix by adding some panning on certain elements and giving a more outside of the speaker feel with width.

good euro trance imo.

Samiver wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:10 pm It does all seem a bit too centred for me personally though and you would probably achieve a cleaner mix by adding some panning on certain elements
I'm very scared of panning things off centre apart from the occasional ping pong. This is something I really need to focus on. I could try randomly putting different things more to 1 side, then see what works after a few attempts, what one grows to like and miss. Do you suggest that as a good tactic? Thank you
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W11, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

mitchiemasha wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:32 pm
Samiver wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:10 pm It does all seem a bit too centred for me personally though and you would probably achieve a cleaner mix by adding some panning on certain elements
I'm very scared of panning things off centre apart from the occasional ping pong. This is something I really need to focus on. I could try randomly putting different things more to 1 side, then see what works after a few attempts, what one grows to like and miss. Do you suggest that as a good tactic? Thank you
I am still learning myself but a few things that have helped me is to start my panning with the track mono'd. I find that helps me to fit things in the stereo field and have clear individual definition to each element and you can also be sure it will still sound good on a mono system.

Definitely try to maintain balance as you say by panning similar frequency sounds to each side. Basically I tend to pan most things over about 200hz and even low Tom's I will pan a tiny bit so they are not competing so much with the mono sub etc

You can also try sending some sounds to a return channel and use things like chorus or widener plugs.

Its a cool track and I think with a bit more use of the stereo field it will really open up.

Edit: forgot to mention but when panning things i do not mean totally left or right but just panned so they have space. You will know if you pan things too much as hats etc can start to sound weak. Higher up the frequency spectrum the more panning you can get away with imo.

Samiver wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:10 am
I am still learning myself but a few things that have helped me is to start my panning with the track mono'd. I find that helps me to fit things in the stereo field and have clear individual definition to each element and you can also be sure it will still sound good on a mono system.
yeah! I'll give this a good go.

In this track I'm panning the arp layer from left to right, also with the haas delay stereo widening to remove it from the centre. On the drums though, there's only the crash with a ping pong delay, 2 different ones, a 1/4 for each down beat of that phrase, and a 1/8 for the pre crash, 4 beats from the end of the phrase. The 1/8 PP's 100%, the 1/4 only 50%.

I definitely need to to start panning out those other drum hits.

Thank you

After Storm has gone live on itunes Apple Music. They're getting faster, the last 1 took over a week to add.

http://url2734.distrokid.com/ls/click?u ... B67VSFw-3D

Edit: Ohh! this site didn't embed the player as does others. Any ideas what I did wrong with the link address? I'm just learning everything. Thank you

Return to “Music Cafe”