How to beat ( all ) latency ?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is the buffer size calculate rate ( = speed at which one buffer is calculated to be processed at ) based upon ?

Is it the resonance of some crystal component, or what gives the different buffer sizes

What if i want to have buffer size of two ( 2 ), that is calculated 0.5 x/ twice the speed of regular buffer calculation — how would i speed up my system to do that ?

Hey,

When you want to speed up your system then you need to buy a faster processor. That's not a settings question.

Buffer size is the number of samples that the processor can use to calculate incoming audio signals. The higher the buffer size the fewer the hardware has to do, but the longer it takes. The lower the buffer size the fewer the lag. But at one point the processor is not fast enough anymore to calculate the audio in time. And the audio breaks down into the almighty crackling.

I found this article here helpful. https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... in-my-daw/

And you also need a good audio interface, specially if you are in windows because using ASIO drivers is necessary to achive low buffer settings.
dedication to flying

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”