Korg Modwave mk2 and sounds included in the vst version

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trancer wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:38 pm Sorry, I'm French speaking and therefore don't always understand English well🙂
Understood.
Your english is much better than my French. :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Trancer wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:36 pm There may be many differences between the two versions.

At 2' 37" there are voice pads in the mk2 version that I don't find in the mk1 version when listening to the latter.

https://youtu.be/asAwTpmlBo4?si=HzwIlVNh7fuHOmRD
Hmmm... Indeed the Modwave Factory doesn't have a patch called Choir Pad.
But the video (if I am reading it correctly) is about Patches the youtuber made himself, not patches in the factory bank.
It's the first five patches HE made.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Thank you very much for your answer.

THANKS.

You should certainly do well in French as well.

Ah sorry, same for me, I hadn't paid attention to that.

So the patches from this person's sound bank will be compatible with the vst.

I can't imagine why they won't be..
In quite a few ways the mk2 was catching up with the vst.
More voices, larger sampler user sample bank, after touch. There may be more that those are the ones I easily remember.

You may want to check this link:
viewtopic.php?p=8835319#p8835319
All are Dan's baby.

and 50 seconds in here:
https://youtu.be/FRIf3OBSHgA?si=1-Z0wAsL6qUaAwzV&t=49
Where she explicitly says they are interchangeable between the hardware (modules) and the native (vst) versions.

I think that is the best answer I can give you without breaking any NDA's

rsp
sound sculptist

Many thanks for your response.

Indeed, there is no reason to the contrary.

It's true, the option of buying the hardware versions, given the specifications, is a real option, you are right.

In addition, the rack versions will soon be available, so something to think about.

Thank you very much for the link.

Once again, thank you very much, I really thank you for all your answers and your help.

You are most welcome..

I don't need to constantly tweak parameters. (I work in my studio and haven't played live in almost two decades, so for me the native versions are more than sufficient), but for people who like to play/jam live especially the hardware is probably the way to go if you can afford it financially and spacewise.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thank you very much for your answer.

I like the vst version, according to some comparison videos, the sound reproduction is identical, so on this point the vst will be perfect.

Now, it is true that if you want to manipulate sounds, the keyboard/desktop version remains the best solution.

Although, it is also possible to control the VST with midi controllers, so having the hardware is not really mandatory.

Especially for use only in home studio.

Financially, no worries about getting them in hardware, but rather a question of space in the home studio.

Too bad the xd minilogue was not ported to vst.

Trancer wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:43 pm Too bad the xd minilogue was not ported to vst.
Because it's not a Raspberry Pi synth

Thank you very much for this information

Return to “Instruments”