Amigo Sampler - 8-Bit Amiga Style Sampler Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amigo Sampler

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:34 am
Zoopy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:35 pm This is one of the few sample slicers that has a Play-Thru option and I would love if yall could add a hi-fidelity/non-amiga mode. Ableton Simpler and Redux are really the only samplers that have this play-thru option that are recently maintained/not-horrendous. As someone who is trying to get away from Ableton, Simpler is reallly the only thing I can't find a replacement for.. Amigo is sooo close but I don't always want the crunch, but yeah I get it. <3
Renoise also has playthrough .
So does tal sampler etc…
If you don’t mind doing it manually , every sampler can do it , you just set each slice end marker to the end adress of the sample
Yep Redux is great!
And those other options don't really work for me for a variety of reasons

TAL-Sampler is great. It's basically the expanded Amigo we're asking for.

Uncle E wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:18 am TAL-Sampler is great. It's basically the expanded Amigo we're asking for.
auto slice is kinda garbage on TAL and it's just not simple enough, and don't think the UI is bad at all but it's just not for me. I want speeeeeeeeed.

Zoopy wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:39 am auto slice is kinda garbage on TAL and it's just not simple enough, and don't think the UI is bad at all but it's just not for me. I want speeeeeeeeed.
Yes, you're right. I'm grateful to have 32kHz now, stereo is the only feature I'm still wishing for.

I'm pretty sure TAL-Sampler doesn't have auto-slice?

concealed identity wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:52 am I'm pretty sure TAL-Sampler doesn't have auto-slice?
It doesn't. Also personally I find the new interface so off-putting that I've pretty much stopped using it. Amigo is way more fun.

Vortifex wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:54 am
concealed identity wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:52 am I'm pretty sure TAL-Sampler doesn't have auto-slice?
It doesn't. Also personally I find the new interface so off-putting that I've pretty much stopped using it. Amigo is way more fun.
I agree, the new interface is terrible, makes it unusable, and you're better off just forgetting about it.

...can I have it?

What's this playthrough being mentioned?

I'm with what others are saying here too, after looking at Tal. I'm much preferring Amigo, the simplicity of just those features I wanted it for.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W11, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Sorry I was thinking of TAL-Drum, but yeah. It just doesn't work very well in my testing but maybe I'm missing something.
mitchiemasha wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:40 am What's this playthrough being mentioned?
It plays the entire sample with the slices as start points, it's just a nice old-school way of slicing up breaks and such, keeps the original groove of the sample, fun to retrigger etc. Rather than playing quantized slices into midi, you kinda tap slices in time with the original sample as it plays to get funkier/groovier stuff.

also a giant fan of the 32khz added to amigo, such a great product

What I'd like, but it's probably super niche to the point where I'm the only one who'd use it, is polyphony in Slice mode... so I can take a drum break loop and turn it into a drum kit ...as was common with Amiga music.

shatteredmindofbob wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:08 am What I'd like, but it's probably super niche to the point where I'm the only one who'd use it, is polyphony in Slice mode... so I can take a drum break loop and turn it into a drum kit ...as was common with Amiga music.
That's not niche at all, I didn't even realize poly wasn't available in Slice mode! This is something I definitely want as well! Even when chopping breakbeats, there are still parts where I want notes to crossover with each other or be playing at the same time.

shatteredmindofbob wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:08 am What I'd like, but it's probably super niche to the point where I'm the only one who'd use it, is polyphony in Slice mode... so I can take a drum break loop and turn it into a drum kit ...as was common with Amiga music.
You could hop around the sample using ... uhh, what was that command ... yes I remembered right, 9xx on Protracker. "Example: C-300923 Play sample C-3 from offset $2300".
This approach would rob precious effect space from the note row itself though, so if one wanted to have more effects per sample and save memory, one would chop the drums to new sample slots and discard the full loop sample.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

It is pretty fun watching people say the TAL sampler UI is bad in an Amigo thread, you know, that VST that actually copies the look of Octamed on a low res TV screen.
Duh

It's super fun, isn't it?

*chuckle*

Love me a bit of lo-res TV. I remember Rainbow, was a great show.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

bungle wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:45 am It is pretty fun watching people say the TAL sampler UI is bad in an Amigo thread, you know, that VST that actually copies the look of Octamed on a low res TV screen.
They are not referring to the quality, but rather the fact that he completely rearranged the sections after the initial design. Made it complete pain to use. The original design was miles better.

In this regard amigos is a way better design / more intuitive/ quicker to operate

Return to “Instruments”