Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funky40 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:40 pm vs. the Microwave XT:
i found a "........_sys_v233.mid" file.
Is it this ?
I am not an expert on this but I wound and used 2 x .bin files and it worked (called lower and upper) this was advice as what's needed form the Discord forum.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

chk071 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:06 pm What I meant is that you can just download the firmware from the synths' manufacturer's sites with the other plugins. For the Microwave, you have to download it from sites where someone illegally uploaded and offered firmware dumps.
While you are generally right and the Access people got really upset with the project as a whole, in case of Waldorf and the Microwave things are a bit more relaxed. Stefan Stenzel himself offered the developers of the emulator his help in the Discord-Channel. He is a member, at least two years ago he was. Since the original company that produced the MW is defunct, Stefan is probably the only holder of the copyright. To me it seemed he was fine with the project.

The DSP563xx people contacted Waldorf with the idea of market it as a real product from Waldorf. Problem from Waldorfs side was, they were expecting a performance like recent VSTis which is something the emulator will never reach. They saw the potential product as something that produces 10 voices and will pretty much stall every computer older than yesterday...

In a nutshell: They thought a potential product was just not sexy enough to bring it to the market.

At least that is how I understand what the developers communicated on Discord - which might not be the whole story. But it sounded pretty plausible to me.

Is it this ?
nope

Garrincha wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:53 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:06 pm What I meant is that you can just download the firmware from the synths' manufacturer's sites with the other plugins. For the Microwave, you have to download it from sites where someone illegally uploaded and offered firmware dumps.
While you are generally right and the Access people got really upset with the project as a whole, in case of Waldorf and the Microwave things are a bit more relaxed. Stefan Stenzel himself offered the developers of the emulator his help in the Discord-Channel. He is a member, at least two years ago he was. Since the original company that produced the MW is defunct, Stefan is probably the only holder of the copyright. To me it seemed he was fine with the project.

The DSP563xx people contacted Waldorf with the idea of market it as a real product from Waldorf. Problem from Waldorfs side was, they were expecting a performance like recent VSTis which is something the emulator will never reach. They saw the potential product as something that produces 10 voices and will pretty much stall every computer older than yesterday...

In a nutshell: They thought a potential product was just not sexy enough to bring it to the market.

At least that is how I understand what the developers communicated on Discord - which might not be the whole story. But it sounded pretty plausible to me.
You're right, that's how I understood it too.

Not sure about the thing with the rights situation with the microWave though. And, as we don't know, I will just handle it like the other synths in the emulator.

Anyway, either way, it's all grey zone, so, maybe you're right, and the acquisition of the ROMs isn't that big of a deal either.

Gam456 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:00 pm
Is it this ?
nope
AFAIK you need two bin files left and right. I still haven't tried it but that's my understanding. sys_v233.mid file was a part of an upgrade.

edit: I think I quoted wrong person - apologies

Speaking of 96kHz compatibility how do these work? I am not asking about upsampling Vavra or Virus synths I am merely asking do these emus work and sound correctly in the way they still sound the same in 96kHz projects like they do at 44kHz. Are the emulators working properly at higher rates? I will be able to test this myself only around the weekend.

Uncle E wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:35 pm Speaking about the hardware only (we're not supposed to discuss alpha versions outside of the Discord), the Microwave XT has a sharp, biting sound that I don't get from other wavetable synths. But I 100% agree with you in terms of the Viruses and Micro Q.
Exactely what I think.

I never cared too much about the Virus anyway, I was more of a Clavia/Nord man. I also never thought much of the Q nor the MicroQ.

But the Microwave II/XT is one of the two hardware synths I really missed. With the Nord Modular being the other. I should never have sold that one. The MW is phantastic for my music. I'm doing Rock/Pop with lots of guitars and acoustic drums and many analog sounds can easily get lost in a mix. Not the Microwave, it always gets through.

Today I have a M serving for that purpose. But it is hardware, it is a hassle to integrate in a DAW setup though the Microwave emulator is a welcome addition.

kmonkey wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:20 pm Speaking of 96kHz compatibility how do these work? I am not asking about upsampling Vavra or Virus synths I am merely asking do these emus work and sound correctly in the way they still sound the same in 96kHz projects like they do at 44kHz. Are the emulators working properly at higher rates? I will be able to test this myself only around the weekend.
The team has unlocked an hidden feature of the Virus Ti to run at 96khz

Is it this ?
nope
ok ! then i´m not able to find it.
thanks

not profi enough in surfing the webb, haha
and i don´t get along with discord either

Funky40 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:35 pm
Is it this ?
nope
ok ! then i´m not able to find it.
thanks

not profi enough in surfing the webb, haha
and i don´t get along with discord either
Like @kmonkey said
It's 2 bin lower and upper (left and right)

Is Vavra out yet? Any eta on Nord??
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

delete post
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Wed May 15, 2024 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 6:40 pm Is Vavra out yet? Any eta on Nord??
vavra has been out since a year
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 6:40 pm Is Vavra out yet? Any eta on Nord??
It has been public for a while

Return to “Instruments”