PA/Brainworx bx_glue NEW

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A shame about the rip off name...

Seems like literal a mix of Ozone and SPL Iron, with the new PA gui components.

Probably quite usable, if not that necessary for anyone with some good compressors.

I feel at this point PA is competing with Waves for dominance in the "plugins I don't need, but they add a bit of unique harmonic flavor that my other 30 similar plugins don't give and it's cheap" market.

to be fair PA have some very good plug ins.

Great saturation and distortion. Bx digital 3 is still a fantastically usable EQ.

They have Elysia, ADTPR, and their Amek 250 EQ has become my favourite EQ for mastering. I'll make some cleaner moves, then the 250 allows fantastic musical sculpting of sound. So good.

bmanic wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:29 pm
Medenka wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:14 pm
bmanic wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:30 am Note that it's crossovers are not linear phase. It's 6dB/octave minimum phase. This means that even if you use the dry/wet mix knob you will be shifting the polarity 180 degrees below the corner frequency of the band split.. yes even if you 100% link the compressor and it shows you a single wideband graph. It's still actually split.
Ooopsy! But is there a non-linear phase solution with low latency? No band split at all? :roll:

What about the sidechain and emphasis and mono maker? Also not linear phase, eh? :hihi:

So the pase gets all :ud: :wink: :ud: :( :ud: :?

That's great! That's creative! :tu: :oops:

And yes, one can actually hear the difference, in case s.o. is wondering. Just try Pro-Q with and without Linear Phase (Maximum).
It's not a huge issue as the filters are not steep. They are only 6dB/octave so the phase warp is rather mild.

Still, it does mean you can't use this on a parallel crush bus or an aux without issues. I would prefer linear phase in this case as long as the steepness is only 6dB/octave. Linear phase has it's own big problems when the steepness is larger.
Or at least linear phase should be an option.

But I'm not fussed really as you can almost always find good spot to park a crossover where it cuts about a bit more the unwanted mud. Let it work to your advantage in that case.

Not all phase cancellation is a bad thing.

Good point. Yeah it's mainly a real issue when you want to use the effect in parallel. For instance if you want to use bx_glue to smash a reverb, chorus or delay send. But even then the 6dB/octave phase shift is not always a problem.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Effects”