Bitwig 5.2 BETA available

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No, no... I better shut up... :hyper:
Last edited by Trancit on Fri May 10, 2024 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shut up I said... :hyper:

Bitwig has a team of around 30 employees and needs to handle expenses such as rent, hardware, and software, all without the sales or bundling advantages of other DAWs with a large market share. They're constantly working to draw in more users, but it's a tough task, especially when competing with the latest versions of FL and Ableton.

Hopefully, this sale can provide them with a comfortable financial buffer to sustain their operations. I must admit, I don't envy the challenges they face.

drsyncenstein wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:55 pm
vroteg wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:11 pm
enCiphered wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:27 pm
So, you've conveniently left out the most crucial part: the reason for the 50% discount, which happens to be Bitwig's 10-year anniversary, just to make this mind-bogglingly brainless point. Yet, you still manage to be unbelievably dense by adding that you wonder why... Bravo! This is undoubtedly a top contender for the dumbest user post of the year :clap:
Wow. You absolutely clueless what cause and effect is? I’m sorry for you and I’m sorry I have to explain you such a simple things.

Their “anniversary” was almost a month ago and they decided to celebrate it with 10 years old video. Then they release very questionable 5.2 which was not that well received as they expected. Of cause except some paid influencers and bunch of blind fanboys here. Now they in the position they have to ask for bump in profit and here where the excuse with anniversary comes in.
It’s so easy to see through this scheme…
You write like you present cold hard scientifics facts that are impossible to deny.
You would come across a lot wiser when you consider that you just have an opinion.
Or at best a bit of argumented theory. One out of a sea of possible theories.
I agree so much lol. Funny on how in forums all people become experts on everything haha.
But you nailed it.

foosnark wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:16 pm What exactly do you think is "very questionable" about this BETA TEST VERSION which was fully expected to be buggy and need more work before the actual release?
Beta is beta. It is laggy. Ant it is expected.(In case of Botwig it’s Alfa by the way. They don’t have Alfa testers outside the office so they skip this step. Doesn’t matter)
The issue is lack of actual useful features in the update. I know it will offend many here but unfortunately compessors and eqs not that useful. GUI fine but it should be not a point update and to be honest should be for everyone as it is maintenance update. Keyboard editing? Well most of them been in there before just not assigned to shortcuts.
Look at Logic Pro 11 for example and start to salivate what they have for the update.

_leras wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:09 pm Bitwig are just a small company and their scheme is to make the best DAW they can.

They're no soulless corporation. Just a bunch of creatives trying their best to create. And doing a great job in my opinion.

I, like some others, renewed my licence during the over the top reaction to them trying to launch the spectral suite. I think people showing support at that time have licenses running out about now, just before 5.2. I think perhaps the short window of half price licenses are partly as a thank you to that group that showed support.
Ok. Small company of a few people. Great way to start business. 10 years later and at version 5 not so great. It’s about time to invest in staff and expand the business. No?
And this is another prove that they make program for themselves only. But this is not how business works…

drsyncenstein wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:55 pm
You write like you present cold hard scientifics facts that are impossible to deny.
You would come across a lot wiser when you consider that you just have an opinion.
Or at best a bit of argumented theory. One out of a sea of possible theories.
I’m sorry you don’t know what is common sense.

Milkman wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:39 pm I dont think anybody sees Bitwig as a "damsel in distress" but what we do see is years of larger DAW(and other) brand management that involves attempting to demean and discredit newer, more modern DAWs and their newer philosophies.

After the frustration I've been through with Cubase, I will absolutely spend a few moments of my time defending Bitwig from unqualified nonsense. If the day comes that Bitwig loses my confidence and/or 'enshittifies' itself, I'll have no trouble with rational criticism.
Having spent plenty of time in both Cubase and Bitwig, I will agree. I find Bitwig's developments of late to be far more inspired than Cubase. I've yet to pursue 13, while the sale did inspire me to update Bitwig.

svero wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:26 pm Played around a bit with the new compressor. It's a really nice compressor. But like many I already have access to things like pro c2 which do the job. The multiband elements are pretty nice so perhaps there's some cases where'd I'd opt to use it over a plugin.

The little EQs are decent.

Main thing for me is this plugin undo. I've had to put plugins back in so many times accidentally undoing the plugin ad vs a param change.

Not a terrible update for me, but like many, I do think/wish Bitwig should focus more on core functionality, since things like compression and eq are so well covered by 3rd parties. We can't trivially slap in midi comping or improved piano roll though. The graphics changes may be good but for now they're kind of subtle and I never really had any rendering issues, so I'll have to see there.
MIDI comping, yes please! Also support for multi-output drum machines in their version of drum rack.

Trancit wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:26 pm Shut up I said... :hyper:
I'm trying dammit! but i figure all of this is pretty much saying "Jennifer Lawrence" is ugly and stupid without a personality & currupt in the head and now we we are supposed spend our lifetime (to no end or good) to prove ridiculous claims wrong on a beta1 and on a 10th anniversary - unwritten LAWs states we should be Nice on someone's official anniversary but... nooOoOooo.. :D

Exuse moi! we have more FUN thing to do in our lives and with the new Bitwig 5.2 *beta* stuff.
I guess they choose to sell their soul to the bank-devil just to handle the 50% OFF, not because they are doing well and because they Can - ofc not..:)

Adding new features that they never done before is hard to estimate an exact date even for them and that's why they say "when it is ready" and sometimes the buss could be late, or early - nothing personal or Evil *insert spooky sounds* 8)

My first ignore ever if i can find it.. ;)

Edit: Dammit, quoting you did not help, but i found the ignore aka Foe and we have to click on the users name *free commercial* unless you Llllove Negative digital distractions to no ending in sight repeted on purpose but it is up to you as i for one think you all can Think for Yourself >hehe< *oops* 8) and since i'm such a nice dude, i'll remove mine when the BETA has ended, fair enough? ;)
Last edited by SmajjL on Sat May 11, 2024 9:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

SmajjL wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:54 am
…Exuse moi! we have more FUN thing to do in our lives and with the new Bitwig 5.2 *beta* stuff….
Of cause. Nothing wrong about having fun. I’m glad you are having a lot of fun. While pros actually need tools to do the job. Not only to have fun.
Either bitwig need to stop calling itself a pro blah blah. Or fulfill statement and start to release pro features.

Damn some people really have a fried brain lol
Is there a way to mute users there ?

Btw everyone you should also know that its now vroteq who decide what is a pro feature or isnt

tlkmx wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:00 am Damn some people really have a fried brain lol

Btw everyone you should also know that its now vroteq who decide what is a pro feature or isnt
Yes you can, you declare them as foe... And I agree with you by the way... Lol...

tlkmx wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:00 am Damn some people really have a fried brain lol

I wrote some above, but i'm afraid you have to click the users name and it is Foe that is ignore and it works so that you don't see the text, only that "he" posted "something" please don't quoute him/she/it :D
Speaking of consperacy theory, it is like "He" wants and needs us to add "it" to Foe really bad..in a desperate way - interesting ;)
Last edited by SmajjL on Sat May 11, 2024 9:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Bitwig”