Adding instruments to set clip

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm very new to DAWS and music making in general, so this may have an obvious answer that I simply haven't figured out yet.im using Waveform 13.0.33.

I'm using a drum sampler plugin (Poise to be exact) with a step clip. If I add or change a pad assignment in the plugin, the step clip does not reflect the change. I have to create a new step clip on a new track to see the added/modified instruments.

Is there some way to refresh the existing step clip so it reflects any instrument changes I make in the plugin?

Select the step clip, open actions panel, select "Add rows from instrument"

As far as I know, Poise doesn't report that information to the DAW, so you shouldn't ever be able to get that to work. You will need to change the rows manually.
FigBug wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:16 pm Select the step clip, open actions panel, select "Add rows from instrument"
Even with BFD3 loaded (the only plugin I have that actually reports note names) loaded I can't see that option in the actions panel.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Thanks. I saw FigBug's response, and figured out how to do it. I don't have "add rows from instruments" either, only "add row".

The DAW is reading the pad assignments from Poise and creating the correct rows as long as I make all the sample assignments before adding a clip, so there's some communication going on there, but only at the time a new clip is created.

As long as it's a short loop, it's easier to recreate the clip after adding or changing instruments in the Poise. But for longer clips, adding new rows manually will be the way to go.

imolaavant wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:04 am The DAW is reading the pad assignments from Poise and creating the correct rows as long as I make all the sample assignments before adding a clip, so there's some communication going on there, but only at the time a new clip is created.
Thank you. It looks like that doesn't happen if Poise is sandboxed. Once I un-sandboxed Poise, it started to auto-populate new step clips with pad assignments.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Tracktion”