Let‘s speculate about 5.2

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

muzicxs wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:29 pm Isn't voice stacking just creating copies of the device per voice and summing the output of all voices? If this is the case, then how would it be possible for inner distortion to happen?
It doesn´t distort more on the individual distortion modules but voice+voice+voice...etc... adds up in volume and distorts the audio out which is by default set to hard clipping and adds tons of distortion (mostly in an unpleasant way) if driven too hard... lowering the input of the individual voices going into the audio out module should help...

Second (didn´t tested... might be nonsense): if you have multiple voice basically playing the same (or very close) distorted thing the distortion artifacts get more pronounced which can give the feeling of more distortion even if the individual voices sounding fine...

Trancit wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:55 pm It doesn´t distort more on the individual distortion modules but voice+voice+voice...etc... adds up in volume and distorts the audio out which is by default set to hard clipping and adds tons of distortion (mostly in an unpleasant way) if driven too hard... lowering the input of the individual voices going into the audio out module should help...
I understand. Thats why you want to compensate the volume. Someone earlier posted a nice way to understand how many dB you need to compensate for, depending on the amount of voices.

However, vroteg claimed there is internal distortion happening. He's probably refering to output distortion, which is expected to happen if you don't compensate the volume for the added voices.

JHernandez wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:16 pm Yes, the sequencer should have parameter sequencing and drum sequencing mode for sure. Lanes (nameable, color choice) should work individually and independently if the user chooses so. Parameters should be auto-fetched from the instrument. The drum sequencer (both actually) should get: steps, loop length, time/sig, gate, reverse, ping pong, chance, velocity, random, oh just throw the whole kitchen sink at it, and all parameters should be modulatable where possible. A groove pool of sorts will round it off nicely. The cherry on top.

It would be quite powerful integrated into Bitwig. At least in my mind it is. Groove city.
made my day with that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://instagram.com/kirkwoodwest/
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest

JHernandez wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:16 pm Yes, the sequencer should have parameter sequencing and drum sequencing mode for sure. Lanes (nameable, color choice) should work individually and independently if the user chooses so. Parameters should be auto-fetched from the instrument. The drum sequencer (both actually) should get: steps, loop length, time/sig, gate, reverse, ping pong, chance, velocity, random, oh just throw the whole kitchen sink at it, and all parameters should be modulatable where possible. A groove pool of sorts will round it off nicely. The cherry on top.

It would be quite powerful integrated into Bitwig. At least in my mind it is. Groove city.
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :tu:

pdxindy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:31 am
gulugulufish wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:14 am A shortcut/default for shorter note lengths.
If this is what you mean, there is a Scale Each shortcut which will scale selected notes by 50%
I just mean, I'd like to change the default note length to be the grid size for every new note, rather than last note. So if I have grid length at 1/16 I make 1/16 notes every time even if I stretched the last one to a bar, or a quarter note. I'd be happy if I could just hold option or control while drawing notes and it start small.

gulugulufish wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:43 pm
gulugulufish wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:14 am A shortcut/default for shorter note lengths.
If this is what you mean, there is a Scale Each shortcut which will scale selected notes by 50%
I just mean, I'd like to change the default note length to be the grid size for every new note, rather than last note. So if I have grid length at 1/16 I make 1/16 notes every time even if I stretched the last one to a bar, or a quarter note. I'd be happy if I could just hold option or control while drawing notes and it start small.
:tu:

I would like/expect a Reverb+ and a Compressor+ sometime soon.

I just hope they don't add a second oscillator to Polymer and call it a day :D

I simply want a shortcut to close all plugin windows.

lunardigs wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:48 pm I simply want a shortcut to close all plugin windows.
Cmd-Q :D

gulugulufish wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:43 pm
I agree, and want to add something, to be more precise:
There IS a modifier key creation of gridsized notes. But it's not what you (and me) want.
If you hold ALT (on PC) the clicking in of notes works based on gridsize. However, Holding that click to lengthen the note does not work, because "ALT" is causing notes to be automatically split onto the grid.
It's nice to have that splitting workflow in general.
BUT to sum up:
There's no way in Bitwig to doubleclick a note into existence based on gridsize and, while still holding the second click, lengthening it into a desired size.

My favorite setting therefore would be:
1 The current doubleclick behavior (note length based on last note) is moved to Ctrl+Doubleclick.
2 The current ALT+Doubleclick behavior is unchanged.
3 Doubleclicking is creating notes based on Gridsize.
4 Users can swap these (1-3) however they desire in the Bitwig settings.
[5 bonuspoint: option to deactivate automatic tool switching forever and ever, to get rid of the accidental grabbing of selection range vs. Note range (and timerange vs. selection range) 😆]
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

Trancit wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:55 pm It doesn´t distort more on the individual distortion modules but voice+voice+voice...etc... adds up in volume and distorts the audio out
I believe each voice has its own copy of Audio out. Summing is done after audio outs not before it so there is no 'summing voices before audio out makes it distort' thing.

catzilla wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:40 am
Trancit wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:55 pm It doesn´t distort more on the individual distortion modules but voice+voice+voice...etc... adds up in volume and distorts the audio out
I believe each voice has its own copy of Audio out. Summing is done after audio outs not before it so there is no 'summing voices before audio out makes it distort' thing.
I haven´t tested... no idea...

JHernandez wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:06 pm Now I'm waiting on my Sequencer. Come on Bitwig, toss another one my way. :pray: It's been a while. :hug: Best DAW ever.
They've come through on some of suggestions I've made directly to them as well. Eventually.

I actually sent them a very nice email encouraging them to implement a 'sequencer suite' with several types of sequencer that can drop into patterns. I think this will happen at some stage.

My update plan has just come to an end, so I can say with some certainty that 5.2 beta will be released this week :)
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Return to “Bitwig”