Is talent born or created with hard work and practice

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:39 pm i can't remember the magazine name, but an album i did some bits for, made their top 100 of the year :o alongside people like weedeater and the legendary pink dots.
Razzle?

seafire wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:31 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:39 pm i can't remember the magazine name, but an album i did some bits for, made their top 100 of the year :o alongside people like weedeater and the legendary pink dots.
Razzle?
i wish! they eviscerated my movie performances in their reviews :cry:

VOODOO U wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:23 am
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:40 pm my input was minimal, admittedly. im on the liner notes though, so it counts!!!
Let me guess, "Special thanks to Vurt for the pizza delivery."
cheeky!
that would have been more work than i actually put in tbh.

also, not ashamed to admit, that pretty much was my first studio job as an assistant.
help set up/tidy down, shop trips, takeaway, drug dealers, sit in on sessions
was a few months before i was riding faders.

tbh, getting paid to roll joints was not too bad.

[…
Last edited by dartfordyes on Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael L wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:27 am
Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:01 amI think it is likely the case that talented people did not invent the concept to apply it to themselves
PatchAdamz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:16 am Every artist was first an amateur.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
This.
I considered myself "normal" until I won dozens of awards as a writer/ producer. Those awards were determined by knowledgeable members of the public and industry who had to justify their decision for public scrutiny.

I learned from those *surprising* experiences what narrowly specific abilities of mine the public considered to be 'talent.' So, just like 'talent scout' and 'talent agency,' I think talent is a concept based in external recognition, not at all on internal identity.

Which means to me, if you don't make something and get it out in the world for evaluation, you cannot possibly consider yourself to have a particular 'talent.' And thus the role of the knowledgeable 'public' and 'industry' in this thread is to justify why something is a product of a specific talent.
you sir are an inspiration .

[…

It's both: you're born with it, but you have to work hard to make it a reality and stand out from the crowd. In that regard, Prince's memoir is really interesting.

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:37 pm
VOODOO U wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:23 am
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:40 pm my input was minimal, admittedly. im on the liner notes though, so it counts!!!
Let me guess, "Special thanks to Vurt for the pizza delivery."
cheeky!
that would have been more work than i actually put in tbh.

also, not ashamed to admit, that pretty much was my first studio job as an assistant.
help set up/tidy down, shop trips, takeaway, drug dealers, sit in on sessions
was a few months before i was riding faders.

tbh, getting paid to roll joints was not too bad.
this sounds a lot like how jon bon jovi got his start in the music biz
i may have read his "slippery when wet" autobiography
that may not be the title of his autobiography
it's even possible that he has no autobiography
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”