Sluggish UI and performance on Mac Studio M2 Max

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kresbeatz wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:09 am I will report it.
Good... the more people who do the better.

In the meanwhile, is there any improvement if you set scaling to 200% instead of 225%?

Also, some people have reported that the color space used can have some influence on speed.

If you're using DIVA I find the CLAP version performs much better on my M1 than the VST3 - especially with multi threading enabled

Also I'm on Sonoma which seems to load balance better

pdxindy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:08 pm Good... the more people who do the better.

In the meanwhile, is there any improvement if you set scaling to 200% instead of 225%?

Also, some people have reported that the color space used can have some influence on speed.
It's better on 200%, but still far from perfect. It's not a big problem if it is just one sliced track, but if I work, let's say, with 4-5 different sliced loops in Detail Editor the pain is real. I tried the same project on my MacBook Pro 14" M2 Pro, it's pretty much the same thing, so I suppose the external monitor with scaling makes things worse, but it's not the main reason why GUI is so slow at times.
System: i7-14700k / 64Gb / RME UFX / Focal SM9 / NI S61 / Push 2
Synths: Sub 37, Boomstar 4075, NL4, Analog Keys, Prophet-6

An "expand clicked track only/exclusively" kind of mode maybe would be a workaround... :hihi:

vondersulzburg wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:02 am See this video. Unfortunately he doesn't get a Bitwig license.
Capture d'écran 2024-02-25 204437.png
Unfortunately, this is where Bitiwg stands today. But, some people are happy with that and don't see any problem...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just FYI, I reported this issue with a video and today got a response from Bitwig team:

"Thanks for your message and your video. GUI performance is is on our radar. We're looking into improving it with future versions."

So hopefully it won't take really long to fix this 😀

kresbeatz wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:46 am Just FYI, I reported this issue with a video and today got a response from Bitwig team:

"Thanks for your message and your video. GUI performance is is on our radar. We're looking into improving it with future versions."

So hopefully it won't take really long to fix this 😀
Sorry to say this, but it was on radar 5 years ago as well...nothing has changed since.

Maybe someone will be interested. I tested Bitwig 5.1.7 with the same projects on Windows 11 (i7-14700k, 64Gb RAM, RTX4070 Super if it matters) and GUI performance is so much better than on M2 Pro, it's like night and day! I'm using the same display (LG 40" UltraWide 5k2k), so probably Mac GUI performance is affected by this, but on Windows it's buttery smooth. Probably on Mac the external display is a culprit as I have no other ideas, why someone is experiencing GUI lag on M2 Pro and someone is not.

Return to “Bitwig”