Samplitude good, Magix bad

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Samplitude has different mouse modes, similar to Cubase's tool - but it also has a "universal"-mode which it is set to by default - and in this mode what you can do with an item (etc.) totally depends on where you touch it - I suggest looking at the manual - that's what these things are there for.

DAWs are very powerful tools and all have a bit of their own way in regards to how to do things - so why would you expect to be able to just open it and just use it without even looking at the manual?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:22 am
Smasha wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:26 am This DAW is horrible.
Yes, I know...

but then again you said the same about every other DAW yout tried as well.
cant believe how much work some of us have managed quite easily in such a horrible daw!!! :o

Here's (some parts of) a couple of his posts:
Smasha wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:31 am I struggle with Reaper.

I call it the DAW for woke people.

It does EVERYTHING but it is not intuitive.

Designed for elitist wokers who know stuff inside out.
[..,]
Super woke daw.
Notice the use of "woke", so for all we know he might well be some right-wing arsehole to boot :help:

Smasha wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:12 am Painting notes in Reaper?????

I select notes in the midi editor to 1/4 notes.

Then I hold down Shft Alt to paint but it paints 1/32 notes.

Change the note placing again to whole notes,paint tool paints 1/32 notes and I am not mistakengly selecting the grid note lines.

Reaper,everything is a chore.
Smasha wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:56 pm Gave up.

Bloody Reaper,poo DAW.
Smasha wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:25 pm Cakewalk is bad for routing.

I find it totally confusing for routing audio from multi vstis

I tried for hours to get audio from different midi tracks routed from a multi track vsti.

NFI.
t.
Smasha wrote: But I get no sound.

The routing stuff has my mind in a mash.

After another 15 minutes of staring at the screen,I give up.

I think I will just make a bus track but I'm guessing in Reason that will be much harder to do than Reaper?

Reaper blows Reason away as far as routing goes.
Smasha wrote: I get confused side chaining .
Watched a number of tutorials but my brain is hopeless lol.
DAWS are not meant for musicians.

It is the back of the rack.

i don't know where to put the cables and that is where Reason is not meant for the musician.

Electronic producers have their brains wired very differently to us musicians and that is what these DAWS cater too,producers.
Smasha wrote: I made a quick dance beat in Mulab,took me 15 mins.

I tried to duplicate the same beat in Reason 12,still fumbling around.

My right locator has gone MIA in Reason.

Reason is really very frustrating to work with for me.
Smasha wrote: OK,having fun with the Mulab demo but now can't work out the simplest of tasks,how do I add an empty midi item?

I am left clicking on the screen,right clicking looking for an "insert midi item" dialog.

No menus to look this up.

I'm going senile.

P.S. duh,I have to hold down the left mouse button and drag an item into the arranger screen.

Odear.
Smasha wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:09 am Cakewalk for ease of use,REason because I can actually see with the new zoomfeature and Reaper when i want to hang myself because it sometimes works and only good for engineers,not musicians.

Reaper always gives me a fail somewhere down the line.

I used it to convert an old record I had since the 80s.

i record the tracks but now when I want to resize the items of the last track after the needle leaves the groove,i getthis strange behaviour.

Instead of just left mouse and dragging the end ofthe item to size,I get a green dotted line box being created OVER the WAV Item then when I place my mouse over this item,A razor tool appears.

i mean WTH???????

i installed the Ilogic 3.90 theme by Blank Files and I think this theme introduced this Twilight Zone Green dooted line Box.
I can't get rid of it either when going back to the default theme.

I got no idea how to reset my settings.

Reaper,designed to send us to early graves if Covid doesn't get us first.

I only used Reaper because of REAfir ,that plug removes clicks and pops or tries too.

Reason does not have these tools.

I might try an experiment and convert this vinyl in Cakewalk and see how much better I can finish it.

I will use one of my old 70's obscure jazz,prog,fusion,folk,heavy albums this time!

Reason is tremendous.

I can click away sections in a breeze(browser,Rack,Mixer,Sequencer,I have an ssl console at my disposal ,the sounds are awesome.
In it's advanced form,no,over my head,but at a practical level,love it and love it's stability also.

Reaper is good for editing but you get these errors and flaky ness which sendss you over the wall,and lots of stuff needs explaining,not easy to pick up.

Cakewalk NOW is stable as a rock but the HIPSTERs don't like it,it's not pretty like the others or "Cool" as Reaper but this is the GIANT of DAWS that gets pushed under the carpet.

It can do anything,a real swiss army knife,has great sounds included and FX that are incredible for FREE!!!

But we can't talk about Cakewalk to our mates and friends,they might look away after sipping their cafe lattes.

Our partners may leave us.
(Thread "what DAW are you using and why")
Smasha wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:42 pm Reaper,it takes anything I throw at it when other DAWS cough and splutter.

Cubase AI now plays no sound when loading a vsti even when signal is displayed on the mixer.

It used too but now all of a sudden it doesn't.

Load the same instrument in Reaper,works perfect.

Reaper is easily the most reliable and stable DAW of all.

Cubase is rubbish in comparison,it looks cooler and more hipster but it is unstable as egg shells.

Even Groove Agent SE and Halion Sonic SE do not work standalone or in Cubase AI but loading those same instruments into Reaper and they work every time.

Cubase,buggy software.

Cubase is like Adidas,you pay for the name.

Reaper is a fraction of the price but incredibly more stable.
(Thread: "If you had to stick to one DAW, which one would it be?")
Smasha wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:25 am I could not print midi notes on a midi track routed to an audio track printing wav files at the same time from a vsti instrument with Cubase 12 Pro.
In Reaper and Cakewalk,this is achieved easily.

I don't know what I have to do to achieve this in Cubase.

I thought this was the bees knees of DAWS?

It has great instruments and it looks great but the routing in it is rooted(stuffed in Aussie Parlance)

Routing is more convoluted than in Reaper or Cakewalk.

REaper is ugly as eff but boy ,it is soo more practical and functional.

Even Cakewalk is easy with routing.

When I go to the rack and add an instrument in Cubase,I want to able to not select any out puts.

Cakewalk does NOT leave any smeg Instrument output tracks in the track pane.

All you have to do is add a midi track and select the instrument in the output section of that midi track.

Then when you add an audio track,you select the Instrument as the input of that track.

Reaper does pretty much the same.

Trying to do this in Cubase,well I am still farting around finding out how to do this. :dog: :cry:

When I go to an Audio track,all I have in the input section is Stereo Bus or No bus,it does not see the instrument like Reaper and Cakewalk can.

I got bored at this point, but there's a lot more rants like these.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Noone helps in here.
Too snobby and narcissist to help those who need help.
Enjoy your cavier and red wine.

I will, mate, I will. :lol:

Smasha wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:02 am Noone helps in here.
Too snobby and narcissist to help those who need help.
There *are* those that help around here. I've had people here help me just as much as I had people offer nothing.
You can always just ignore those who are way out of whack.

I think one's attitude, deportment, and humility are a huge factor in successfully finding help. If you demand it and/or feel entitled to it, you'll find none. No one wants to assist someone with a big chip on their shoulder - no good deed will go unpunished.

SuperG wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:02 am I think one's attitude, deportment, and humility are a huge factor in successfully finding help. If you demand it and/or feel entitled to it, you'll find none. No one wants to assist someone with a big chip on their shoulder - no good deed will go unpunished.
:tu:

Plus of course, when you use "woke" in a degoratory manner that won't get you a lot of points here either.

Why when I load an independence instrument,I get no sound?

And why isn't there an empty template?

Why is the track number greyed out when starting a new project?

I found the microscopic dotted line in the project settings which stands for customised project I guess then I could choose track number.

Sheesh.

I got bored at this point, but there's a lot more rants like these.
[/quote]
Hello brother, Your English is bad.
It is not rants, but rats. Correct your spelling.
Regards.
maanga

Cómo?

jens wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:17 pm Plus of course, when you use "woke" in a degoratory manner that won't get you a lot of points here either.
He's getting a lot of points here, :tu:

Steve Albini was spot on about ’anti-woke’ :tu:
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:34 pm Steve Albini was spot on about ’anti-woke’ :tu:
He was a beta.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”