[SOLVED] MSF : How to initialize ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If there's a default preset to be seen around, is there a way to initialize MSF to a strict minimum ? Or to clear everything ? MDrummer has such options as to clear large parts of it (patterns, etc.) is there such a thing in MSF that would revert to a clean slate or is there absolutely a need for a default preset ? If this is the case, is there a way to get a new default preset w/o having to reinstall MSF ?
Last edited by mevla on Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By "preset" I'm assuming you mean an MSF instrument. I found that it was very useful to have a default/clean starting preset to use for creating new instruments. Regardless of the complexity of the instrument you have in mind, setting up the FX can be a huge undertaking if starting totally from scratch. So, I found a very simple factory instrument (don't recall which one) and got rid of everything on the sound creation side of things and left the FX as they were. I then saved that and used that for creating a number of instruments with considerable success.

It's well worth the effort (and not all that much work anyway).

dmbaer wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:08 pm By "preset" I'm assuming you mean an MSF instrument. I found that it was very useful to have a default/clean starting preset to use for creating new instruments. Regardless of the complexity of the instrument you have in mind, setting up the FX can be a huge undertaking if starting totally from scratch. So, I found a very simple factory instrument (don't recall which one) and got rid of everything on the sound creation side of things and left the FX as they were. I then saved that and used that for creating a number of instruments with considerable success.

It's well worth the effort (and not all that much work anyway).
I really mean a preset. Are they gone now ? If so what happened with the Stockhausen sound set that I bought a couple of years ago ? There are no more presets accessible although they are numbered, see my other post on the subject.

Now that the issue with getting access to the presets is solved, I can use the 'default' preset to initialize.

Return to “MeldaProduction”