Bazille polyrhythm sequencing. Is it possible?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I'm trying to get some polyrhythm going on in the Bazille sequencer, in order to modulate filter cutoff. So instead of 4 or 8 beats, for instance, I'm looking to have 6 beats long sequences.

Is that even possible with Bazille?

Thanks

yes, but that's not polyrhythm.

zenluiz wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:27 pm Hi
I'm trying to get some polyrhythm going on in the Bazille sequencer, in order to modulate filter cutoff. So instead of 4 or 8 beats, for instance, I'm looking to have 6 beats long sequences.

Is that even possible with Bazille?

Thanks
You can use the ModMappers

You can have a sequence of 12 and one of 4, or two sequences with a length of 8, or two 4s and an 8 or 4 sequences with a length of 4. Then you can use the clock dividers to get polymeters between the sequences, but that's not the same as a polyrythm.

As pdxindy mentioned, the easiest way to get polyrythmic sequences is to use a ramp LFO to drive the ModMappers in 'Map Quantize' mode.
And since the mod mappers are polyphonic, you can use the second Mod Mapper in keymode to control the rate of the LFO which is driving the first Mod Mapper. Using this technique, every key can have it's own adjustable sequence rate!

justin3am wrote: ↑Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:13 pm You can have a sequence of 12 and one of 4, or two sequences with a length of 8, or two 4s and an 8 or 4 sequences with a length of 4. Then you can use the clock dividers to get polymeters between the sequences, but that's not the same as a polyrythm.

As pdxindy mentioned, the easiest way to get polyrythmic sequences is to use a ramp LFO to drive the ModMappers in 'Map Quantize' mode.
And since the mod mappers are polyphonic, you can use the second Mod Mapper in keymode to control the rate of the LFO which is driving the first Mod Mapper. Using this technique, every key can have it's own adjustable sequence rate!

Oooo cool. Ill set that up tonight.

Return to β€œu-he”