Hive 2 in LogicPro - getting labels instead of X1 X2, Y1 Y2 etc.

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

is there a way to change the displayed parameter in LogicPro from X1, X2, X3, X4 (and Y) to that one Hive 2 shows inside of its plugin? Imagine you use automation for all of them: you geht 8 track lanes without any description what you are actually automating. Not user friendly to me. :/

Do you know, why most factory presets from Hive 2 do not use Velocity? Almost every preste I am opening, I must turn the Velocity knobs for the Amp section 1 and 2 up to use Velocity 1-127. Just wondering if I miss a point?

Cheers

Hi Hannes,

regarding your second question, I assume these were mostly presets from the v1.0 release from back in 2014, back then the emphasis of the contributing sound designers was on other aspects, less so on velocity sensitivity. Still, it's a sound designer decision to implement it or not, there's your reason. Newer presets, like from v1.2 or v2.0 or later, these tend to be more expressive, maybe check these out in particular.

To your first question, I don't think it's possible for a plug-in to change parameter names on the fly in a DAW, at least I've never heard of such a thing.

Viktor

Thx Viktor!

How do other people deal with the automation label system? I guess, after several month you memorize the system maybe.

Best

Hi Hannes,

I'd honestly disregard the labelling and I personally wouldn't do the automation in the track directly, I'd most likely activate automation recording, then move the dots around in the XY field with the mouse. Or alternatively, I'd connect 8 knobs from my MIDI controller to the 8 axes, then move the MIDI knobs and record while having Hive's GUI open.
But I can only speak for myself, your mileage may vary.

Viktor

Indeed, that's a nice musical approach, Viktor. As I do many projects in parallel this needs heavy organization so that after opening any session I can speed up what I did and why. Turning knobs on a controller gets 1000 of dots in the automation lane, my visual brain can't decide why I did this. So I use lines. A triangle means continues rising/ falling. A sine (or exponentiell) means crescendo. And lots more.

I wished I could see with Hive 2 that X3 is Cutoff and Y3 is Resonance. But these limitations are more to the DAW.

I appreciate your personal answer, Viktor. Have a great day!
Johannes

Sir Hannes wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:22 am I appreciate your personal answer, Viktor. Have a great day!
Johannes
Sure thing! You too, Hannes.

Viktor

Return to “u-he”