Anyone Try BASQ Grooveliner?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BASQ Grooveliner looks interesting and I'm thinking of downloading the trial version, however Windows is giving me a warning that this software has not been downloaded enough to know if it contains a virus or other malware. The installer is a .msi which I believe has not been digitally signed.

Anyone have any issues with downloading and installing Grooveliner? Seems pretty new and I don't want to have to go through reimaging my machine, configuring it for audio and installing hundreds of plugins should it contain a virus or other malware. Not saying it has any of these things but the Windows warning has me on edge. I'm new to KVR and not sure if they go through some vetting process to make sure software offered for sale is legit and trusted.

Related, but off topic. Does anyone know of a similar product? I'm looking for a midi sequencer with music features like simple multiple track sequencer, support for chord input (not auto creation), scales etc.

Thanks for the help!

Try uploading the installer file to virustotal.com
This will check it against a big range of anti-virus scanners, although false positives are quite possible.

Thanks. Great suggestion. I'll try it.

cbroc7 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:11 am Related, but off topic. Does anyone know of a similar product? I'm looking for a midi sequencer with music features like simple multiple track sequencer, support for chord input (not auto creation), scales etc.
Stepic is similar and I think they do a sale in the spring (at least they did in the past). HY-Plugins probably has something that fits what you're looking for.

Anyway, I installed the Mac version of Grooveliner and it seems to be safe. I'm using it now, don't really understand the usefulness of it so far but will report back if I find anything cool.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”