Modulating CC Value to control Baby Audio Transit VST's Transition Button

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good day. I was just wondering if there is a way to modulate the Transition Button in the Transit VST by Baby Audio, using a Mux Module with a drawable LFO sending CC (e.g. to create a ramp for one bar). I'm looking for an alternative to using automation in Maschine Software, as it sucks, so want something that will trigger on any MIDI note, that will in turn trigger the Mux Module that will in turn trigger the Transition Button. Not sure if this is possible but I enjoy using mutools as a plugin in Maschine, so just wanted to check. I have Zenith by Audiaire that has good MIDI CC control but couldn't get this to work in Transit. Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated.

Put the VST in a MUX.
In that MUX connect an Event Input to an LFO and the LFO to a Parameter Event Generator and that PEG to the VST.
Now in the PEG select the parameter you want to automate.
This should result in an note triggered LFO which modulates the selected VST parameter.

Thanks a lot, Joe. I followed your instruction but am wanting the LFO to only run where MIDI is placed on my Maschine timeline, so I can use the MIDI where I want my transitions to go. It seems to run nonstop as present. I have added screenshots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jason_ZA wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:43 pm Thanks a lot, Joe. I followed your instruction but am wanting the LFO to only run where MIDI is placed on my Maschine timeline, so I can use the MIDI where I want my transitions to go. It seems to run nonstop as present.
Did you try to set the LFO Fade Out parameter to its max value?
That makes the LFO output to go to zero after receiving a note off.
Does that do what you need?

That works - thanks so much Joe. I would not have known this but it is a great solution.

Jason_ZA wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:55 am Good day. I was just wondering if there is a way to modulate the Transition Button in the Transit VST by Baby Audio, using a Mux Module with a drawable LFO sending CC (e.g. to create a ramp for one bar). I'm looking for an alternative to using automation in Maschine Software, as it sucks, so want something that will trigger on any MIDI note, that will in turn trigger the Mux Module that will in turn trigger the Transition Button. Not sure if this is possible but I enjoy using mutools as a plugin in Maschine, so just wanted to check. I have Zenith by Audiaire that has good MIDI CC control but couldn't get this to work in Transit. Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Hi, you can try the "MIDI Performance Mod" attached below. It sends MIDI CCs when the MIDI note is received. I use it as a MIDI Fx placed before VST synths but it also may work with Transit.
  • Activate "MP Envelope 1" and set level to 0%
  • Activate "Modulator A1" and set level to 100%
  • Click "Modulator A1" button to open Envelope Editor
  • Click "CC" button to change CC assignment
---
MIDI CC Performance Mod.jpg
---
MIDI Performance Mod.zip
---
PS. It uses PizMIDI Converter 3 to generate Aftertouch (MP Envelope 7). Envelopes 1-6 and 8 are based on MuLab native modules only.

By default, the envelope playback starts when the 1st MIDI note is received and and keeps looping till the last note stops (legato mode). To change this behaviour, switch to the modular view, open the sequence player and change Start Mode "On First Note On" to "Every Note On".
---
Sequence Player.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks so much for sharing this mux with me @robert_p. You create some next-level mux instruments/effect. I'll give this a go. I followed what Joe sent me and it works but only if mulab is loaded as an instrument - not an effect. An effect does not seem to be able to receive MIDI input in Maschine software. I have all my instrument audio outputs sent to a GROUP, which I name "MASTER BUS" and wanted to add Mulab as the GROUP Efffect on this "Master Bus" group, in order for Transit to create a transition of the full audio fed into it when a MIDI note is added to the timeline but this does not seem possible. :-(.

Jason_ZA wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:12 pm An effect does not seem to be able to receive MIDI input in Maschine software.
Try this:
  • Select "Sound 5" slot and insert MuLab Effect Plugin
  • Select "Sound 1" and insert your VST Instrument
  • Set "Instrument 1" audio output to "Sound 5"
  • Set "Instrument 1" MIDI output to "Sound 5"
---
Maschine.jpg
---
Works for me :))

Thanks @robert_p. I really appreciate your effort to assist.

Hello there, quite a relative question: is there a way to automate preset selection with daw automation?
Sorry if it’s a dumb question i’m new in the business.
Thanks!!

zobilamuche wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:00 amHello there, quite a relative question: is there a way to automate preset selection with daw automation?
Sorry if it’s a dumb question i’m new in the business.
Thanks!!
You'd need some form of scripting that allowed names to be "typed in" for that. What you can do is automate signal routing so that one patch or another is active. (i.e. like having a hardware pedal board where you switch between effects, rather than a single "software pedal" that loads effects and has to have some magic way to know which you wanted when you kick it.)

Gonna try that using different instances loaded in different buses.
Thanks!

Return to “MUTOOLS”