Orchestral libraries for a beginner

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Going with EastWest to get started was probably a smart choice since it's a pretty affordable subscription.

As others have mentionned BBC Discovery is also worth checking out.
I'd also suggest keeping an eye on different vst vendors as well. From time to time, you might be able to find some interesting patches for free.

dupe post

$150/mo to rent a plugin? I disagree that's smart. For that one month cost, one could have bought HALion's orchestra or Amadeus, paid in full, to use forever. EastWest may be better (repeat, may be), but I always felt idea of renting software to be a bad one. I guess it might make sense to do it for just one month to see if one likes it enough to pay, but to pay month after month and have nothing at the end of each month.....hard pass.

Anyway, yeah, BBC's Discovery is free and sounds very good IMO, but extremely limited. Of course everyone's needs vary, so for some that might be enough.

mixyguy2 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:33 am $150/mo to rent a plugin?
No subscription costs that. EastWest Composer Cloud is $150 a YEAR. And that is an incredible deal to test the waters.

ah whoops, my bad, thx! Agreed.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”