New Behringer UMC204 or used Roland RUBIX22?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm new to audio interfaces (last i had was the SoundBlaster Live platinum!) and i'm a bit lost.
These two devices costs the same (under 100€, which is my maximum budget).
I've see a good review for the UMC204, where the author demonstrated a very low distortion, low latency and good headphone power.
I can't find much for rhe Roland other than "It's good", without so much infos on it.

I mainly need it for midi keyboard playing (so, very low latency on it) and good headphone power (mine are a bit "hard" for my PC standard audio driver). Good "uncolored" audio recording comes next to these.

Could i have advices?

Thanks
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Can't recommend the Behringer, mine have starting making loud scratchy noices when I twiddle the knobs.
Other than that it's OK.

Bought a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2, and latency and sound wise it wasn't noticably better.
They're att $120, but far better built quality than the Behringer.

Parduz wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:54 am I'm new to audio interfaces (last i had was the SoundBlaster Live platinum!) and i'm a bit lost.
These two devices costs the same (under 100€, which is my maximum budget).
I've see a good review for the UMC204, where the author demonstrated a very low distortion, low latency and good headphone power.
I can't find much for rhe Roland other than "It's good", without so much infos on it.

I mainly need it for midi keyboard playing (so, very low latency on it) and good headphone power (mine are a bit "hard" for my PC standard audio driver). Good "uncolored" audio recording comes next to these.

Could i have advices?

Thanks
I have owned a Behringer UMC 204HD since it first came to market, so I guess 9 years. I have used it most days since then, and it has worked flawlessly. It's built like a tank, and has the added advantage over the Roland of extra inputs and outputs. I use the FX input to plug another keyboard into, which saves space that a mixer would take up. It has excellent preamps. Behringer have kept the drivers up to date,and it works fine with Windows 11.

I owned a Rubix before upgrading to an RME, it did the job fine, the Behringer will also probably do an equally good job, all those cheaper interfaces are much the same really, if Focusrite still offered their collective I would say go with one of those because, free plugins but they seem to have stopped that so just go with whatever you like the look/price of the most

vmood wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:26 pm Can't recommend the Behringer, mine have starting making loud scratchy noices when I twiddle the knobs.
Other than that it's OK.

Quick spray of electrical contact cleaner would no doubt sort that - will probably just be dust and gunk on contacts.

Anyway, have no experience of the Roland, but have not had any bother with the 204HD I have.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”