Yamaha Music Production Studio SEQTRAK- A slightly bigger OP-Z!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

At least it's affordable. I think there are a few deal breakers, such as lack of screen and being tied to an app. But I do love all the new ideas and innovations.
<list your stupid gear here>

Here we go on the hype train...

https://youtu.be/7mrU7Kvj5m0
<list your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:27 am At least it's affordable. I think there are a few deal breakers, such as lack of screen and being tied to an app. But I do love all the new ideas and innovations.
Like I said- OP-Z (also no screen and App) but bigger, cheaper and with a speaker and better hands on controls IMO! Oh, and USB 3! Hurrah! Great to see stuff like this coming out at this price point from big brands IMO...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:41 pm
egbert101 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:27 am At least it's affordable. I think there are a few deal breakers, such as lack of screen and being tied to an app. But I do love all the new ideas and innovations.
Like I said- OP-Z (also no screen and App) but bigger, cheaper and with a speaker and better hands on controls IMO! Oh, and USB 3! Hurrah! Great to see stuff like this coming out at this price point from big brands IMO...
Maybe it's me but I would prefer a little screen in place of the speaker because let's be honest, the speaker is going to be awful, just like the built in mic

Digivolt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:05 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:41 pm
Maybe it's me but I would prefer a little screen in place of the speaker because let's be honest, the speaker is going to be awful, just like the built in mic
That mic doesn’t have to be awful, but it will probably be awful!

The one on the KO2/EP133 is surprisingly nice.

Even the one in the OPZ isn’t terrible.

The little speaker is pointless really. Anytime I used the speaker on OPz, nothing I made sounded as good with headphone on or speakers attached.

The screen isn’t necessary IF you use the device enough. Seqtrak looks like it’s made to be easier than an OPz with labeled buttons everywhere.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”