Quick query - flat surface required?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

t-IB wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:32 pm The good news is I'm getting used to the positioning of the Haken and to a lesser degree the Linnstrument, so I think I've probably found my solution in the desktop stand posted earlier.
Sure, it is unfortunate that this is the situation you have to deal with. Try out the desktop stand and see if it works for your space, although it seems like you have to choose between playing the Continuum Fingerboard and the LinnStrument for the time being.

FranklyFlawless wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:51 am Sure, it is unfortunate that this is the situation you have to deal with. Try out the desktop stand and see if it works for your space, although it seems like you have to choose between playing the Continuum Fingerboard and the LinnStrument for the time being.
It's less than perfect but I'm really fortunate to have amassed the kit I have in the studio so I look at it that way - to get to a point where 90%+ of it is cold dead hands territory is something worth smiling about, regardless of slightly awkward playing positions...

On that note I've been playing both with some success, so am pretty sure that desktop stand is the answer - if I can reduce reach to the Linnstrument I'll be happy, though may even have the continuum up higher and tilted, depending on how that feels. I'm quite confident I'll get both set up with the required reach one way or another (and if not I'll just have to look at moving the stage piano).

I've been enjoying the arpeggiator on the Linnstrument for the first time, playing 'lead' on the Haken over sliding around some basic chord arps - fun.

Little update on this one - got the stand I mentioned earlier in the thread...

First impressions are it will work out really well for me - more limited access to the continumini is the only downside though realistically I only really play it through the Linnstrument so that's no biggie. Access to the Linnstrument is much improved.

I'll see how it all feels once I've had time to play more, but first impressions are very good.
Screenshot_20230926-142900~2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Since your update, I also found a stand that may be of interest to you for the LinnStrument, although it is custom-made and tilted instead of flat.

https://www.mixingtable.com/linnstrument-lux

It seems to be inspired by Lars' LinnStrument modification showcased below.

viewtopic.php?t=535933

FranklyFlawless wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:06 pm Since your update, I also found a stand that may be of interest to you for the LinnStrument, although it is custom-made and tilted instead of flat.

https://www.mixingtable.com/linnstrument-lux

It seems to be inspired by Lars' LinnStrument modification showcased below.

viewtopic.php?t=535933
Looks quite nice that!

I've currently got mine tilted forward slightly - need to spend some quality time playing to assess whether that's right for me. Going to do the same with the Haken too I think (which in my head makes a bit more sense, though I suspect I'll like it better flat).

I've also had a minor brainwave for if the playing height feels off long term - I'll try it if need be but hopefully I'm already set.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”