Acoustica freeze on playback and preferences

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Acoustica

Hello all,

I use Acoustica 7.4 on Mac (Ventura, 13.2.1). Lately, it always completely freezes on playback. Also, if I want to change the audio devices, it will freeze when pressing "ok" or "apply".
So, in short, it is completely unusable right now. Also an uninstall and re-installation did not change this.

Best,
Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

Could you please check out the following beta version (v7.4.12) built with the latest JUCE version and some fixes in the audio I/O: Please let us know if this solves the issue with the crashes.

Thanks,
Stian

Hi Stian,
Will try that tonight, thanks!

Thanks! :)

A little time it worked but I got this error message right away.
error.png
Also, I could not change the audio devices, they were always reset. And when I tried to record with the standard Mac mic, it crashed.

Also, I installed Audacity in the meantime which has no issues at all with my devices. So it does not seem like it is an error in my system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

laxersaz wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:02 pm A little time it worked but I got this error message right away.

error.png

Also, I could not change the audio devices, they were always reset. And when I tried to record with the standard Mac mic, it crashed.

Also, I installed Audacity in the meantime which has no issues at all with my devices. So it does not seem like it is an error in my system.
Thank you very much for testing. From the error message, it looks as if you have selected input and output devices that don't have any supported sample rates in common. That is rather rare, since almost all devices will support 44.1 and 48 kHz. Do you have any old webcams with audio or similar connected?

Best,
Stian

I have headphones selected as output and my Logitech C920 webcam which supports 48kHz. But also if I try to switch it to the MacBook internal mic it will eventually crash. Either directly in the dialog for switching them or shortly afterwards.

laxersaz wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:27 am I have headphones selected as output and my Logitech C920 webcam which supports 48kHz. But also if I try to switch it to the MacBook internal mic it will eventually crash. Either directly in the dialog for switching them or shortly afterwards.
Thanks for elaborating -- that was very helpful! Luckily, we have a Logitech C920, too, and I managed to reproduce the issue. The C920 only supports sample rates up to 32 kHz. I tested on a Mac Mini and the device "Mac mini Speakers" only supports sample rates above 48 kHz. In other words, the error message is correct, but Acoustica should of course not crash. The error was easy to spot using the debugger, and we´ll release a new beta version of the upcoming service build ASAP.

Best,
Stian

Oh that's good to know, I thought it would support 48kHz (read that online). Thanks a lot for your support!

The crash should be fixed now. Could you please check out the following beta version (v7.4.13): Thanks,
Stian

Will do that tomorrow at the latest.

Hi, it is certainly better than before. What I found, though, is when I switch to the Webcam input in the recording window and then back to MacBook mic, it crashes.
Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-17 um 07.32.56.png
Also, I am not sure recording from the MacBook mic works at all, I will have to test that later again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nevermind, the last version works fine…

Return to “Acon Digital”