Any function Grapher script for Architect?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
is there some function grapher (ideally 3D) script or something that can be open in Arch?
If so, how hard would it be to make it visualize stuff from Architect to the grapher.

Still no reply - meanwhile I find at least this one: https://gist.github.com/tylerneylon/c0c ... c6a2cb4bdb

There some cool call-graph with libraries for python w/Legendre polynomials and other basic stuff.
This would be helpful for ?advanced? modulation - like using quadratic or bicubic Bezier curves (used in 60s still nowaday dream) etc. As far as I know this is impossible in Bitwig´s Grid, while you can do basis functions..

Just to clarify, are you asking about call-graphs, or plotting a curve?

In terms of plotting curves - the latter - your best current option is to use a numeric table and dump an array into it. I'm sure cturner posted some graphed curves to the forum a while ago (or maybe he emailed them to me: I'll check.) The next release has an oscilloscope style module that can be used for proper graphing of arbitrary curves, as well as a curve creating modules (essentially, automation in a module, with the same curve editor).
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

EDITED: I mean plotting curves. 8)

W/ typical oscilloscope i think you can not make two linear fncts with different slope going simultaneously - since x-axis is fixed to the time.
This IMO ends any further use of Bicubic Bezier, Legendre polynomials etc... also y range 0-1 may complicate Taylor series functions (they have range 10)
Bicubic Bezier, Legendre p. also uses points with x,y coordinates - so it is maybe doomed anyway..

But I hope that Arch will cope with that.. specially because BW Grid looks like can not.)

colin@loomer wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:19 pm Just to clarify, are you asking about call-graphs, or plotting a curve?

In terms of plotting curves - the latter - your best current option is to use a numeric table and dump an array into it. I'm sure cturner posted some graphed curves to the forum a while ago (or maybe he emailed them to me: I'll check.) The next release has an oscilloscope style module that can be used for proper graphing of arbitrary curves, as well as a curve creating modules (essentially, automation in a module, with the same curve editor).

EDITED: Ha, I think Arch is stil in 10.5 - same like I touch it quite time ago ( so no change yet). Should I get ready to mail Charles about the function plotter or is on the way?
As supposed I stuck on derivates - I saw that there is command derivate in Lua, so that can be useful for basically anything... like double pendulum, or Kepler´s laws..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Loomer”