Using RapidComposer w/Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 -- NO Audio returned to RapidComposer (via USB)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

I am using a workflow as follows: (1) Generating 4 tracks on RC (Standalone) and sending these via MIDI to an external synth (Vermona Perfourmer mk2) which is set to receive 4 independent channels of MIDI, (2) the Vermona's L/R outputs are hooked up to my Scarlett interface, and in turn, (3) the Scarlett is hooked up to my Mac via USB-C.

NO sound comes through back to RC. I have confirmed that MIDI does trigger the synth and audio is coming out from the synth (at synth via headphone connection, and at Scarlett headphone out). I would certainly like to get this audio back to RC so it can enable me to "on the fly" iterate the composition.

Note: When I use this setup with a DAW (tested Ableton L11 and Logic Pro) I am able to get the audio back from the Vermona thru the Scarlett and into Mac via USB.

Any insights or ideas to test some options are certainly welcomed. Thank you!

RC only handles midi.. It's up to the VST to send out the audio. The only audio RC will produce is from a VST instrument loaded into RC (stand alone). If you are sending the midi out to a VST via a port, RC has no idea about the audio generated and does not receive that.

It's a common misconception about RC, it isn't a DAW, it's a midi sequencer. It does not do audio stuff.

BluGenes wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:17 pm It's a common misconception about RC, it isn't a DAW, it's a midi sequencer. It does not do audio stuff.
Thank you very much for the explanation, makes sense to keep it focused on MIDI routing. Just got RC yesterday and had not seen anything mentioned on Audio routing (via searches & YouTube). Now, I know! Not a DAW, yet still, a great product. I started using QT Player as my audio out while using RC Standalone.

p.s. I am NOT using VST's, using external hardware.

awesome, and welcome aboard.. There is a ton of resources to get you up to speed with RC.. Use the web site RC support page to access videos, and other stuff. Also, here, on KVR, there is the tips and tricks forum area.

But, if you have a question, just ask here.. ;)

Return to “MusicDevelopments”