Graindad released!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today we released Graindad - Our Realtime Granular FX!

Download Demo here:
https://sugar-bytes.de/graindad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHPzu33KlyA

Wow- no granular FX for ages now several comes at once! I like SB stuff and will check this out...looks pretty deep.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:52 pm Wow- no granular FX for ages now several comes at once! I like SB stuff and will check this out...looks pretty deep.
I know. Years ago I got into eurorack to get into granular as well as using some max for live devices. Now we have so many great choices ITB. Personally, I have too many now but since this is SB I went ahead and upgraded my bundle to include it.

Sugar Bytes wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:46 pm Today we released Graindad - Our Realtime Granular FX!

Download Demo here:
https://sugar-bytes.de/graindad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHPzu33KlyA

Anyone able to download the demo without triggering virus detection in Chrome & Edge?

Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml
Detected by Microsoft Defender Antivirus
Aliases: No associated aliases

Summary
Microsoft Defender Antivirus detects and removes this threat.

This threat can perform a number of actions of a malicious hacker's choice on your PC.
webfile: A:\Downloads\GraindadDemo.zip|about:internet|pid:2068,ProcessStart:133093889029606756

Downloaded demo \ installed without probs. (latest Opera browser)

First impression - for Sugarbytes devs - guys, at default 100% scale, the UI looks just gigantic, i have 2k (2560x1440) monitor, and even with this, plugin window didn't fit inside DAW, going beyond the borders lol. So, i turned to the options and found only 90% (-10%) size option there. That still looks big a much, exactly to whole screen.
Additionally, found that when the interface is open, the CPU cooling starts to gain momentum (maybe because such size ?), which is also not good.
I hope this is some wrong UI behavior (or need option to more reduce size than -10%).

Win10 21H2 \ VST2 \ Studio One 4 here

Whoever does their GUIs deserves an award. Seriously one of the best teams in the world.

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:57 pm Whoever does their GUIs deserves an award. Seriously one of the best teams in the world.
I always very like visual design of SB plug's, but here definitely some size issue.

When I first read the post,I thought that grandad had been released 😁
No auto tune...

ditto ^^^ that
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

c_voltage wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:40 pm at default 100% scale, the UI looks just gigantic,
Hi c_voltage,

thanks for your report! On Windows there is another workaround. It's not perfect, but it may improve your current situation regarding monitor size: To decrease the plug-in just click an empty area in Graindad's User Interface to bring it in focus and hold the Shift key down while presing the Page Down key on your keyboard. To enlarge it hold Shift + Page up.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Nadine

I watched the full tutorial video and played with Graindad for a while yesterday and am loving it. Awesome plugin, great job Sugarbytes. It’s a wonderful addition to my granular folder. Absolutely worth the $50 upgrade for bundle owners.

Any connection to the well-established and similarly-named granular offerings from Bastl: grandPA and MicroGranny?

Sugar Bytes wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 am
c_voltage wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:40 pm at default 100% scale, the UI looks just gigantic,
Hi c_voltage,

thanks for your report! On Windows there is another workaround. It's not perfect, but it may improve your current situation regarding monitor size: To decrease the plug-in just click an empty area in Graindad's User Interface to bring it in focus and hold the Shift key down while presing the Page Down key on your keyboard. To enlarge it hold Shift + Page up.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Nadine
Thanks it works (and cpu cooler became normal behavior).

[/quote]

Anyone able to download the demo without triggering virus detection in Chrome & Edge?

Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml
Detected by Microsoft Defender Antivirus
Aliases: No associated aliases

Summary
Microsoft Defender Antivirus detects and removes this threat.

This threat can perform a number of actions of a malicious hacker's choice on your PC.
webfile: A:\Downloads\GraindadDemo.zip|about:internet|pid:2068,ProcessStart:133093889029606756

[/quote]

Hi Alchemedia,

sorry to hear that! Yes, I must confirm that there are some rare cases at the moment, unfortunately. The virus warning is a bit unclear since all our plugins are already signed tools and are 100% safe from our side. We've already submitted our files for malware analysis. Anyway, if Microsoft Defender Antivirus detects a piece of malware it will be recorded in Protection History. So while we are working on a solution, what you could do is to go to your Windows Virus & threat protection -> Protection history
By clicking the blocked thread you can expand it and get more details.
Selecting the Actions dropdown at the bottom right corner will let you choose to Allow on device.
Choosing Allow on device will let the file proceed.
Now you'll need to redownload the file and it should work.

Sorry for the trouble!

Best,
Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”