Array into data table +calling it ,wrong data in console

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I send an array ith the values [ 22,33,44,55] into data table , the array is also calling the table
The table correctly displays the value , but the print console shows otherwise.
Screesnhot 1

It only updates the correct value when gui is interacted ( becasue UI signal is fed back to read data ) , but that should not be a reason why the print doesn't show the correct values when data aray is called ..screenshot 2

Bug ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

We need to convert the data to a signal to call the ui and the order is important
This is how it's done

BUt why convert the array to a signal to just call the table ?
An order module should be enough but it's not because calling the num.table needs a signal
I think this should be explictly mentioned in the info tab

Eyeball exchanging

Delete post
Eyeball exchanging

I agree, in that it isn't obvious and so does become a docs issue. Essentially, it works like this because there are several different ways to read data from a table: a single number will be treated as an index, and an array of numbers as an array of indices. `signal`, on the other hand, reads all the data, and saves having to create a big array of `[0, 1, 2, 3, ...n]` just to read all the data at once. I think, in retrospect, this would have been better to have separate discrete inlets, one for reading steps and another for reading everything, but there you go!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”