Do you modular meet up?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know it might not be the most portable of hobbies (although virtual and small battery powered synths exist and i want one maliciously) but do any of you meet up with your voltage controlled friends and how does that pan out?
find free samples and presets at
:troll: https://fatpassfilter.com

I've got a relatively non-portable case. I almost went to a modular meetup once before the pandemic but social anxiety kept me at home. I'm kind of curious how they are.

I've been to Knobcon in Chicago a couple of times. That's more like a smaller version of Superbooth than a meetup, though. Some people do bring portable cases to that (or anywhere from a briefcase full of toys to giant rigs, if they're performing).

if you do, prearrange cable colours.
then use all of one colour only. or don't complain when you can't remember which cables are who's!

well, that's if you're going to table a few racks then take turns patching them up together 8)

that was my plan for one before covid dropped, now the venue is on minimum opening hours still.

At the c-base in Berlin, there is a modular, which could be used for this kind of meetup. The Bitwig user group once just played with that instead of glaring at screens…; - )

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:21 pm At the c-base in Berlin, there is a modular, which could be used for this kind of meetup. The Bitwig user group once just played with that instead of glaring at screens…; - )
i was thinking, everyone who wants to, could bring a row or two.
lay everything out on tables, and either joint patching or solo, but using the modulars as one big one.
then live streaming the day.
if each person involved, brought camera and laptop, we could also have several streams from different angles (provided they have a pootube channel)

it would of course require trust between the tweakers regarding not blowing shit up :hihi:

no safety nets :band:

Return to “Modular Synthesis”