Intriguing new book called Mirror Your Music

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This new music book looks really cool - something quite different! Has anybody checked it out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCsa9ldlIWU

This author asserts that he learned the idea from Lui Di Martino in 1996. A tiny bit of web "research" reveals that there might have been a book called "Mirror Music" published in 1996. The author Cliff Douse cites that date as a copyright date in his book, so I'm guessing that it's true. In any case, as Cliff Douse points out, Lui Di Martino has written his own book on the subject. Lui's book is a couple of hundred pages

Music and Numbers Through The Looking Glass by L Di Martino

It's a bit of a mix of this and that, the following is from the end of Lui's book:
Some of the more wacky claims associated with the mirror process is that universes come in twins, that is, there is a mirror universe to our own. Black holes are meeting points of these two universes, and that information is exchanged at these places between them.

The results in this book are in accord with counter-spinning phenomena, and they have been logged without mention of anything spiritual. That is because, firstly, it is a wise thing to do to present the results as is. Yet the possibility of a connection to this Merkaba has had to be discussed.

This Merkaba has been associated with consciousness, as the duality of forces becoming unified. Throughout this book we have seen how this is possible by using simple number and music systems including the nature of sound itself, which extends by association through the light spectrum, as the wavelength decreases and frequency increases.

It has taken many years of thought to finally realize that my own journey was to come to the conclusion that all along I had been in the process of unearthing an interface that has the potential for dimension travel.
I gather by Cliff's book intro that Lui has passed on. I'm guessing that this is him from his youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnIduM4zTy8

Enjoy the above, I'm going to make some popcorn.

Interesting footage of Lui!

I’ve now got both books. They’re two very different beasts... Cliff’s (Mirror Your Music) is a straightforward music tutorial book. Lui’s (Music and Numbers…) is interesting but a bit too impenetrable and woo woo for me, as your quote confirms! Cliff's book doesn't have any of that supernatural nonsense - he just focuses on the music. I don’t think the 1996 version mentioned was ever published.
Last edited by ganymede on Fri May 06, 2022 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

There's probably also a chapter in there about Negative Harmony. Think I saw it flashing by.
Old topic with video: viewtopic.php?t=545317
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Yes, Cliff's book covers chromatic inversion, diatonic inversion, negative harmony, retrograde and retrograde inversion.

BertKoor wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:02 am There's probably also a chapter in there about Negative Harmony. Think I saw it flashing by.
Old topic with video: viewtopic.php?t=545317
If you following the video in this link (which he describes Negative Harmony really well)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHH8siNm3ts
The RED midi is the Negative Harmony of the BLUE midi. I created a Objective-C program that I can drop a MIDI file to create the Negative Harmony of the dropped MIDI file.
Negative Harmony.png
The only issue with the above MIRROR methods is, you first have to have a MIDI source to MIRROR.

Regarding Negative Harmony, one of the pratical methods for me is to use it for a chord progression that I have where I want a chorus if you will, but want a chorus that would fit well with the verse chord progression that I have. Turns out for me, Negative Harmony works out well for this use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ValliSoftware wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:24 pm I created a Objective-C program that I can drop a MIDI file to create the Negative Harmony of the dropped MIDI file.
Interesting. I'd love to play with this! Is it publicly or commercially available?

ganymede wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:09 pm
ValliSoftware wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:24 pm I created a Objective-C program that I can drop a MIDI file to create the Negative Harmony of the dropped MIDI file.
Interesting. I'd love to play with this! Is it publicly or commercially available?
No, because that's part of my main tools program.

Just review the video and you'll be able to write your own. :D

Return to “Music Theory”