Problem of understanding individual outputs

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I got the very good drum sampler Speedrum some time ago, but I still have problems with it because of a basic understanding problem: As can be seen in the screenshot, the plugin has 16 individual outputs - so far, so good and practical . But what I don't understand about it is channel 1, labeled "Master", on which I put a kick drum ("Plastic Kick"). At the bottom of the Drumsampler there is a section titled "Master" with "Compressor" and "Output" which I thought previously refers to the entirety of all samples currently loaded in the Drumsampler. In fact, the settings made there only affect - in this case - the sample "Plastic Kick" that I placed on the 1st pad.
My question is why is that and why the output is called "Master" here and not "Out 1".

The second question I had before with freeware (Sitala): In Cubase, the actual instrument - in this case Speedrum - is given the same name as the 1st channel. So in this case, if I labeled the channel that's routed to "Master" with "Plastic Kick," it would say "Plastic Kick" twice at the top, which I find quite confusing because I actually thought so the kick drum is reserved for the 1st channel and I can give the instrument any name (speedrum would make sense here).

Speedrum_Einzelausgänge.gif
Speedrum_Cubase.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MartyK wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:50 pm I got the very good drum sampler Speedrum some time ago, but I still have problems with it because of a basic understanding problem: As can be seen in the screenshot, the plugin has 16 individual outputs - so far, so good and practical . But what I don't understand about it is channel 1, labeled "Master", on which I put a kick drum ("Plastic Kick"). At the bottom of the Drumsampler there is a section titled "Master" with "Compressor" and "Output" which I thought previously refers to the entirety of all samples currently loaded in the Drumsampler. In fact, the settings made there only affect - in this case - the sample "Plastic Kick" that I placed on the 1st pad.
My question is why is that and why the output is called "Master" here and not "Out 1".
The Master is the main stereo output, to which Delay and Reverb send effects are added, as well as the Master Compressor and Clipper. The rest are additional direct outputs, ie the signal does not go through the master effects. The assumption is that if you send pads to separate outputs then it means that you will process them with external effects, and then you simply do not use Master channel effects.
There is one case where pads are sent to separate outputs just for easier mixing, but I was planning to add a pad mixer for that.
MartyK wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:50 pm The second question I had before with freeware (Sitala): In Cubase, the actual instrument - in this case Speedrum - is given the same name as the 1st channel. So in this case, if I labeled the channel that's routed to "Master" with "Plastic Kick," it would say "Plastic Kick" twice at the top, which I find quite confusing because I actually thought so the kick drum is reserved for the 1st channel and I can give the instrument any name (speedrum would make sense here).
I'm not an expert in Cubase, so unfortunately I can't help you here and give you an answer on how to set it up.

Yeah that is a Cubendo thing.. the only way to avoid it is to use a Rack Instrument rather than a Track Instrument.. (hope that makes sense) (or you can use a track instrument but ignore the track it makes and create a midi channel assigned to 1 (kick) instead.. I find this method unnecessarily cumbersome but you may like it who knows).

rsp
sound sculptist

apisonic wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:27 pm
MartyK wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:50 pm I got the very good drum sampler Speedrum some time ago, but I still have problems with it because of a basic understanding problem: As can be seen in the screenshot, the plugin has 16 individual outputs - so far, so good and practical . But what I don't understand about it is channel 1, labeled "Master", on which I put a kick drum ("Plastic Kick"). At the bottom of the Drumsampler there is a section titled "Master" with "Compressor" and "Output" which I thought previously refers to the entirety of all samples currently loaded in the Drumsampler. In fact, the settings made there only affect - in this case - the sample "Plastic Kick" that I placed on the 1st pad.
The Master is the main stereo output, to which Delay and Reverb send effects are added, as well as the Master Compressor and Clipper. The rest are additional direct outputs, ie the signal does not go through the master effects. The assumption is that if you send pads to separate outputs then it means that you will process them with external effects, and then you simply do not use Master channel effects.
There is one case where pads are sent to separate outputs just for easier mixing, but I was planning to add a pad mixer for that.
MartyK wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:50 pm The second question I had before with freeware (Sitala): In Cubase, the actual instrument - in this case Speedrum - is given the same name as the 1st channel. So in this case, if I labeled the channel that's routed to "Master" with "Plastic Kick," it would say "Plastic Kick" twice at the top, which I find quite confusing because I actually thought so the kick drum is reserved for the 1st channel and I can give the instrument any name (speedrum would make sense here).
I'm not an expert in Cubase, so unfortunately I can't help you here and give you an answer on how to set it up.
First of all thanks for the quick answer. But I'm still confused because I can also - in this case - assign delay and reverb send effects to the clap assigned to channel 4.
What is the master output predestined for? For the kick drum? And what does the compression below do for the master channel, e.g. B. different from the compression above, which can be set for each sample? In addition, I can use effects such as distortion, filters, etc. for each sample in Speedrum.

As for the double label thing, this seems to be normal in Cubase at least, I saw that with the Groove Agent recently as well.

The most common cases:
- everything goes through the Master, no additional outputs are used = I think everything is clear here, Master effects here make the most sense
- separate outputs for pads are used, but Delay and Reverb from Speedrum are also used = in this case the Master can be used as output for Delay and Reverb and other outputs can be assigned to pads
- separate outputs for pads are used, internal Delay and Reverb are not used = in this case the Master can be used like other outputs assigned to one of the pads, but each Send can be sent to direct output for external effect ( Delay, Reverb or any other)

I would just route the Kick drum through output 2, and send anything not needing individual mixing treatment through that Master Ouput ( eg. persussive sounds, hats, or bells).
Processor AMD PRO A10-8750B R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (30.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

https://soundclick.com/guerillagenus

Return to “Apisonic Labs”