Why TX16 is not much used

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are there any reasons why this sampler is not widely used for making instruments like Kontakt or Decent sampler? Decent sampler is not easy to create for and Kontakt is expensive.

I read discussion there:

https://www.pianobook.co.uk/forums/topi ... sub-genre/

so only problem is lack of round robin samples in free version?

I don't know if it is or not, but my guess would be that people nowadays are more into shiny things and/or that most DAWs come with a sampler nowadays. IMO TX16Wx primarily seems like a natural match with Reaper. Another reason might be that in the past TX was a bit prone to crashing. You could report to elcallio and he would gladly and quickly fix it, but many may have not been aware of that or they may just have jumped to another instrument quickly. Anyway, v3 has come a long way now and it's pretty stable, so I'd say people will notice over time. Because as a clean sampler instrument, it has benefits over Kontakt even, for example you can actually and truly sample with it.

Personally, I came to TX16Wx because I was looking to replicate my MPC 2000 digitally. Using Reaper and TX that was actually very well doable with just a bit of manually tweaking everything. Then I added Surge synth and realized that I had basically everything I could ever need in music production. For me it's about the efficiency of my workflow and the potential of my tools, less so about shiny plugins. In that sense, I am very happy.

I think it might be the complicated GUI, it shock me for a little bit, not quite user-friendly, but I've conquer the learning curve.

Return to “CWITEC”