Rebirth 338

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Discontinued years ago and not available to download from App Store due to Roland dispute, but still running beautifully on my 2019 iPad 12” pro.
Thinking of making a switch to the latest M1 based iPad, but don’t want to loose apps like ReBirth 338 in transition.
Any suggestions please?
Any suggestions…

Why would it not continue to work on an M1? IOS devices (iPhone, iPad) have always used Apple custom silicon. "M1" on the iPad is a marketing label. It seems to run fine on IOS 15, which is what the M1 iPads use now. Perhaps someone with a M1 iPad and Rebirth can comment. But I'm not clear why there would be issues? That said, if it was Mac OS going from Intel to M1, then that's a significant change. But on IOS, still the next gen Apple custom silicon with the fancy "M1" label. If you go for it, let us know....

ReBirth works on my iPad Air 4 running iPadOS 15. I've not tested it thoroughly but it all loads fine and the demo songs play back without a hitch.

The Air 4 effectively has ½ an M1 chip so I can't see any reason it wouldn't also run on an M1 Pro. An M1 uses A14 processing cores and could easily have been called an A14X.

Meester Smeeeth wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:23 am ReBirth works on my iPad Air 4 running iPadOS 15. I've not tested it thoroughly but it all loads fine and the demo songs play back without a hitch.

The Air 4 effectively has ½ an M1 chip so I can't see any reason it wouldn't also run on an M1 Pro. An M1 uses A14 processing cores and could easily have been called an A14X.
It is usually the iOS updates that kills compatibility with older software. Then the apps disappear from the Apple Store. I won't buy expensive iOS apps due to having this happen on several occasions.

i still have the install cd^^. and a data grave on one of my backup disks ;P. just to honor it from time to time. but i never thought about buying the app

Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:44 pm Thinking of making a switch to the latest M1 based iPad, but don’t want to loose apps like ReBirth 338 in transition.
Any suggestions please?
Make a backup of all your apps to your desktop computer, then on the new iPad do a restore. Rebirth should be placed back on the new one.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204136

I can confirm Rebirth works fine on a M1 iPad Pro - just bought one and transferred it over from my previous iPad Air 2 via Cloud backup.

Interface is rather blurry of course (not hires)

RPH wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:10 am
Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:44 pm Thinking of making a switch to the latest M1 based iPad, but don’t want to loose apps like ReBirth 338 in transition.
Any suggestions please?
Make a backup of all your apps to your desktop computer, then on the new iPad do a restore. Rebirth should be placed back on the new one.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204136
It worked :)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”