Routing audio into Architect

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone managed this?

I see that there's the possibility to select an input in the mixer section but there's never anything available to me there.. in the preferences there's the ability to chose our outputs here I can select the outputs for my interface but it doesn't seem that I can select the inputs for my interface to the be used in the mixer section.

I'd ideally like to use Architect standalone so would like to avoid other DAWs in combination with Architect.

Separate question but I thought I might as well ask at the same time.. has anyone managed to get Airwindows plugins to work with Architect? I can load them in the mixer section and Architect is able to read the list of parameters from the plugin but for some reason I'm not able to load the GUI when I double click on the plugin like I would with any other and I also don't get any sound from them if I run audio through them. Any clues as to what's causing this issue?

I've spoken to Petajaja about this already via email, but just to clarify on the first point: at the moment, it is unfortunately not possible to route audio directly into the mixer. This is something I'll look to add in a future revision though. As is, the track inputs in the mixer only allow routing from other tracks, for grouping purposes.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Petajaja wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:25 pm Has anyone managed this?

I see that there's the possibility to select an input in the mixer section but there's never anything available to me there.. in the preferences there's the ability to chose our outputs here I can select the outputs for my interface but it doesn't seem that I can select the inputs for my interface to the be used in the mixer section.

I'd ideally like to use Architect standalone so would like to avoid other DAWs in combination with Architect.

Separate question but I thought I might as well ask at the same time.. has anyone managed to get Airwindows plugins to work with Architect? I can load them in the mixer section and Architect is able to read the list of parameters from the plugin but for some reason I'm not able to load the GUI when I double click on the plugin like I would with any other and I also don't get any sound from them if I run audio through them. Any clues as to what's causing this issue?
Airwindows rely on the host basic gui widgets, , it seems that architect does not provide these
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:37 pm Airwindows rely on the host basic gui widgets, , it seems that architect does not provide these
(As usual) you're right: I need to provide generic interfaces for plug-ins that don't provide their own UI. The work around for the intermin is that the parameters can be set in the properties window, visible when the plug-in is focused in the mixer.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

there's a workaround for this now using blue cat's connector plugin but you would have to route it through another host that is set up with your interface and can load vsts (for another connector to send), only thing to remember is to open the other host second so that it works in a type of slave configuration, got it working via blue cat's patchwork standalone

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=576602

Good tip: thanks for the workaround!

Return to “Loomer”