Newbie with a few quetions...

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all... just dipping my toes into the world of architect and have a few newbie questions:

I'm very intrigued in learning how to use it, but am I right in thinking every "session" is basically a one-time affair with the demo version? In other words, if I spend a few hours building something, I can save it, but cannot re-open it unless I buy a license?

I'm also wondering if purchasing a license gives lifetime upgrades or not, being as it's at beta stage at the moment?

Lastly (although I suspect I know the answer to this one!) - is there any possibility that architect patches could be exported to standalone vsts in a similar way to synthedit and the like?

Thanks Audio Babble.

Yes, sessions are basically "one-offs" in the demo. You can use it as long as you like - sessions don't time out - and save them, but you can't reopen them without a license.

Yes, free updates for life. I've never charged for a product upgrade, and never intend to.

At the moment, you can't export an Architect project to a standalone VST, but it's a possibility, and one that quite a few people do seem interested in. There are some things that would need further investigation - modern operating systems are pretty locked down and, particularly on macOS, everything needs codesigning, but it's definitely somerthing I will look into at some point.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”