How to stop legato

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using Flatpick 6 and set legato slides to minor 3rd so I can slide E-G. Works great. However, when I setup the notes to play an F chord (for example) I keep getting the A sliding (or maybe hammer) up to the C. The only way I see to stop this is to delete the A note. But is there a keyswitch to NOT do a legato note?

Another alternative is to reduce legato back to major 2nd and manually key in the E-G slide, but a keyswitch to turn OFF legato would be great. Any ideas?

You can always automate the legato range controls by right-clicking on them and assigning them to a MIDI CC.

However, I like doing a different approach, which is using the Polybend feature to put notes into separate legato "voices". While the main application is for bending notes independently, but it also applies to legato as well. Here's a video showing how Polybend works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NwPlU78ml0

So basically, you just need to set the instrument's MIDI input to "omni" so that it can receive input from all MIDI channels. Then when you run into a note that you don't want to be played as legato (despite being within the legato range), you can just go to the properties for that note and put it on a different MIDI channel.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Neat idea! Let me play with that for a while. Thanks!

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”