Shapeulator- new SE-designed, slightly oddball synth

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shapeulator is essentially the product of a modular patching session, and a desire to have the core setup used available for further sound design fun. At the most basic level, it is a subtractive synthesizer, with some additional features that make it especially useful for certain types of pads, fx sounds, and synthetic percussion.

It's available as freeware from the FSA website, where you can also find some basic audio demos.

Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

The patch list isn't working. Is there a way to initialize this?

Why are they vst3 only, does SE not export vst2 anymore?

AnX wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:04 pm Why are they vst3 only, does SE not export vst2 anymore?
There are some 32bit VST2 plugins from FSA here:
https://www.fstateaudio.com/?page_id=10

Thanks, but it's not 32bit I'm after, just wondered why they are vst3 only

Erisian wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:36 pm The patch list isn't working. Is there a way to initialize this?
Hi, thanks for checking it out and reporting this. :) There was a silly mistake in the installer that made it create two "layers" of the subdirectory. Under "VST3 Presets," it was creating the "Kevin Breidenbach\FSA Shapeulator" path twice, making it "Kevin Breidenbach\FSA Shapeulator\Kevin Breidenbach\FSA Shapeulator." This has been fixed in the installer now, so you can either uninstall and reinstall with the new installer, or just go to "C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\VST3 Presets" and move the presets from that second layer to just "C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\VST3 Presets\Kevin Breidenbach\FSA Shapeulator\"

Sorry for the inconvenience!
AnX wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:04 pm Why are they vst3 only, does SE not export vst2 anymore?
Alas, it does not. :( Steinberg is no longer giving license to new developers to release VST2 plugins, and apparently this is a side-effect of the new licensing scheme.
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:43 pm There are some 32bit VST2 plugins from FSA here:
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.fstateaudio.com/?page_id=10</span>
Cheers, thecontrolcentre. :) I have indeed left some of my older stuff available.

synthgeek wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:24 pm
Alas, it does not. :( Steinberg is no longer giving license to new developers to release VST2 plugins, and apparently this is a side-effect of the new licensing scheme.
I see, I didn't realise SE was affected by this.

Shame.

synthgeek wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:24 pm
Erisian wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:36 pm The patch list isn't working. Is there a way to initialize this?
Hi, thanks for checking it out and reporting this. :) There was a silly mistake in the installer that made it create two "layers" of the subdirectory. Under "VST3 Presets," it was creating the "Kevin Breidenbach\FSA Shapeulator" path twice, making it "Kevin Breidenbach\FSA Shapeulator\Kevin Breidenbach\FSA Shapeulator." This has been fixed in the installer now, so you can either uninstall and reinstall with the new installer, or just go to "C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\VST3 Presets" and move the presets from that second layer to just "C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\VST3 Presets\Kevin Breidenbach\FSA Shapeulator\"

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Thanks but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I didn't have two layers but just to make sure, I uninstalled and downloaded again. The problem is still the same. I click on the patch list button and nothing happens. Not even an empty menu. :(

Erisian wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:22 pm Thanks but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I didn't have two layers but just to make sure, I uninstalled and downloaded again. The problem is still the same. I click on the patch list button and nothing happens. Not even an empty menu. :(
Sorry to hear that. May I ask which version of Windows you're on? Is this only happening in one DAW/host?
AnX wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:30 pm I see, I didn't realise SE was affected by this.

Shame.
Yeah, it is kind of a bummer.

synthgeek wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:23 pm
Erisian wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:22 pm Thanks but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I didn't have two layers but just to make sure, I uninstalled and downloaded again. The problem is still the same. I click on the patch list button and nothing happens. Not even an empty menu. :(
Sorry to hear that. May I ask which version of Windows you're on? Is this only happening in one DAW/host?
My apologies. I created an init. patch myself and saved it and now it shows up in the patch list but there are no factory patches. I presume you didn't write any? Anyway I have been playing around with this and it's a cool invention. I guess the cream is in the modulation options. Nice work. :tu:

Erisian wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:39 pm My apologies. I created an init. patch myself and saved it and now it shows up in the patch list but there are no factory patches. I presume you didn't write any? Anyway I have been playing around with this and it's a cool invention. I guess the cream is in the modulation options. Nice work. :tu:
Thanks! :) There should actually be about 50 factory presets there, but I'm glad you're having fun with it. If you want to, you could try downloading the zip-only (no installer) package, and put the presets where your patch got saved to, to see if they show up? If you don't want to mess with it, I understand, just a thought.

Cheers, and thanks again for the feedback. :)

synthgeek wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:55 pm
Erisian wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:39 pm My apologies. I created an init. patch myself and saved it and now it shows up in the patch list but there are no factory patches. I presume you didn't write any? Anyway I have been playing around with this and it's a cool invention. I guess the cream is in the modulation options. Nice work. :tu:
Thanks! :) There should actually be about 50 factory presets there, but I'm glad you're having fun with it. If you want to, you could try downloading the zip-only (no installer) package, and put the presets where your patch got saved to, to see if they show up? If you don't want to mess with it, I understand, just a thought.

Cheers, and thanks again for the feedback. :)
All working now. Thank you. :tu:

Erisian wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:53 am All working now. Thank you. :tu:
Awesome, glad to hear it. Cheers! :tu:

Return to “Modular Synthesis”