Thoughts and dreams from new customer

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! I was in long doubts with myself which developer to choose for guitar and bass libraries and today joined to OTS after all and bought full guitar bundle, roundwound bass and slide bundle.
I am a bit confused because I emailed OTS support with question to make my choice easier but have not received an answer for almost 2 days. I founded some answers here on the forum and I hope it will be faster to get the support in the future.

As a new client I also just want to have a chance to suggest some thoughts about possible improvements for future updates. Probably all or some of them was already pronounced by other users, maybe some work is going in that way at the moment.

1)Riffer alternative(no need to text much cuz I know it is considering)

2)Guitar tabs reader(will be good if the library can read and play tabs to make it easier to know how to get the sound from particular song using a library)

3)Slide guitar(new library or new engine, I bought slide bundle but there is no electric slide guitar and probably they are old and not really deep and versatile. Also I hope about personal discounts for slide bundle owners, if it will be new product haha)

4)Individual tuning for each string, which is great potential sometimes(to play RHCP - Scar Tissue, for example). Also I have a question here, does Microtuning Script do kinda same thing?

Anyway, sorry for my not native language, I want to give thanks to OTS for brilliant products and I am sure you are always be in the top of guitar and bass developers and updates and improvements won't keep to wait long

Due to the group buy sale, we've had a ton of emails coming in lately. Don't worry, though, we received your email and you'll get a response soon.

A few quick responses to your questions:

I don't think Kontakt would have a way to parse tab files, so that might not be possible. I'm assuming the advantage of having a tab reader is that you could download tab files off the internet and have the library play them, right?

We have some new slide guitars in development, but those will be within the Evolution guitar engine, and we'll be bringing the SLIDE Lap Steel and SLIDE Acoustic libraries into that engine as well.

Regarding individual tuning of the strings, that's something on my list to add--RHCP's Scar Tissue is a good example of the benefit of having that feature. The microtuning script won't get you the same result, because it isn't string-specific, but lets you adjust the tuning of each note separately.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Yes, you are right about tabs, bad news that it is not possible, I expected this, but it is not the main feature and not a big deal.

Will old evolution guitars be capable to play slide by new engine or only new products and SLIDE products(Lap Steel and Acoustic)?

Seems like microtuning can be useful in some situations until we will get tune updates, just more complicated to program.

Thank you for a quick reply!

Neuratron Photoscore ( https://www.neuratron.com/photoscore.htm ) claims to be able to read guitar tablature from paper (via a scanner) and output MIDI and Music XML. There's a "lite" version that only reads six string tab and an "ultimate" version that reads both six string and four string tab. I own it and have gotten very usable results scanning conventional staff notation, but haven't tried to translate tab.
Last edited by rrichard63 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nice tool but it will not output Midi keyswitches for Evolution's Engine to play articulations as I think

maxim.9jan95 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:03 am Nice tool but it will not output Midi keyswitches for Evolution's Engine to play articulations as I think
That's true. But I think that any tool developed specifically for the Evolution engine would have to make a lot of assumptions about the meaning of tablature in order to include keyswitches. The same would be true of any tool to read staff notation.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”