Architect as a vst crash in reaper

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was just using architect as a vst in reaper , architect was sending out midi ( only ) while recording the midi output in reaper .

After recording reaper crashed , architect logfiles shows no errors , but the windows crash log shows it does
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I'll take a look. Is this with the latest build of REAPER, and does it happen everytime you try to record MIDI out into REAPER?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Yep latest build of reaper , it only happened once but curious why architect doesn't show it in the crash log ( windows does )
I don't know how accurate windows event log is .
Some more information about the crash which I wasn't really clear about
The crash did not happen while recording the midi in reaper , that went all fine .. architect sending midi notes ( no cc date ) to audio realism abl3 ( hosted in reaper not architect )
The crash happened while writing automation in reaper ( from abl ) so at this point architect wasn't doing anything , iirc I even bypassed it .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Even if Architect was bypassed - in which case its audio processing code won't be running - there will be other various Architct threads running in the background, doing some housekeeping tasks. Potentially, it could have been one of these that crashed. Or it could have been some other code in REAPER - either a plug-in or REAPER itself - that trashed memory that just happened to belong to Architect.

If it does happen again, and you can remember exactly what you were doing, I'd be interesting in knowing, thanks.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”