Plugin is red ( not loaded )

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Architect now refuses to load the correct instance of microtonic ( after a microtonic update )
It shows two instances in the browser , but there is only one installed .
I can replace it with the correct instance but then the (microtonic) patches are not loaded .
I guess architect still thinks there is an instance of microtonic and thus loads the faulty one , is there a way to reset the vst log file ?
A rescan didn't help
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

You can delete individual plug-ins from the plug-in scanner dialog, so I assume that if you delete both Microtonics and then re-scan, it'll leave only the good one.

But, before you do that, could you copy and send me your Architect.plugin-cache-x86_64 file please: I'd be interested to see why this update of Microtonic is seen as a distinct plug-in.

Thanks!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Here's the cache file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:00 am You can delete individual plug-ins from the plug-in scanner dialog, so I assume that if you delete both Microtonics and then re-scan, it'll leave only the good one.

But, before you do that, could you copy and send me your Architect.plugin-cache-x86_64 file please: I'd be interested to see why this update of Microtonic is seen as a distinct plug-in.

Thanks!
The problem is that I almost never save vst presets since these are saved with the host
If I delete the instances from the dialog and architetect finds the new instance , changes are big that the presets are not saved with this version .
Eyeball exchanging

It's really a random matter
Sometimes it loads the correct one upon restarting , then not ..really weird
If I save the project which has loaded the correct one and then reload the project , it again loads the incorrect one .
I guess all I can do is save the individual presets for microtonic and delete the faulty one fro the cache
Eyeball exchanging

Ah, I did mean to delete it from the plug-ins list under preferences, but I just realised that the feature isn't in the current release, but is in my internal build. I'll attach an edited plugin cache to this post with the microtonics deleted, and then if you rescan you should be good to go.

So it seems that the two versions of Microtonic were installed in different locations: one in `vst plugs 64 bit` directly, and the other in a subfolder `vst plugs 64 bit\sonic charge`. Architect is detecting these as two discrete plug-ins, and which ever one is loaded is largely dependent on whatever one the file system finds first. Hence it randomly working.

I can think of a few ways to improve behaviour here, and I'll try to address them in the next update:
- Missing plug-ins should be removed from the plug-in browser automatically
- If a plug-in fails to be instantiated, and there are other plug-ins that match either in name or plug-in ID, it should try one of the others.

These together should guarantee that this never occurs again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”