Bazille cookbook

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

So I get it that the cookbook examples will not work with the current Linux version, or ... ?

Correct, you need Bazille 1.1.1 for this.
Get it here: viewtopic.php?f=292&t=557607

Please check the Linux installation instructions for The Bazille Cookbook.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Now this is a fast resolution. The new version wasn't there, I asked, and a few hours later, bam !

Klar, I got it, seems to work fine in Xubuntu 18.04 with Bitwig 2.4.3. One minor thing though:

Code: Select all

Do you agree the license's terms? [y/n] y
cp: cannot overwrite non-directory '/home/mevla/.u-he/Bazille/Tunefiles' with directory 'Bazille/Tunefiles'
Which is:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 mevla mevla 16 Nov 14 2018 Tunefiles -> ../ACE/Tunefiles/

Why copy the same tunefiles all over the place ? Hence the symlink.

Since Tunefiles/ is just about the last directory processed by the cp command in the script, everything should be copied and a quick browse shows updated files.

Also got the cookbook. And while at it, got Objects for Hive. Wasn't too keen on that one since I'm not into modern electro-acoustic music and such, although the walkthru has very nice sounds that can be used in many ways.

Also got Carbon Copy since it seems to have a nice character on its own. By 'nice' I mean melodic and harmonious.

Cheers/Tschüß

Oopsi. 'Objects' does not work with the Hive 2.0.0 version I have. And there are no updates seemingly, is there ?

mevla wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:05 am Oopsi. 'Objects' does not work with the Hive 2.0.0 version I have. And there are no updates seemingly, is there ?
Sorry, we cannot post a new Hive version right now, as the Hive 2.1 update is under development.

You are probably getting the "the plugin is too old for this preset" message.
If you resave all the Objects presets once, this message will disappear, and you can use them.

Just use find and sed to swap Rev=Foo to Rev=Bar. It's not my fault.

skottish wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:34 pm Just use find and sed to swap Rev=Foo to Rev=Bar. It's not my fault.
OK. How do I find the version number of the Hive 2.0.0 that I run ? I'm afraid I looked at the main screen, where the version number usually is with u-he synths and did not see it. It's not in the settings also, apparently.

OK ! Asked too quickly. It's there, in very pale grey.

Thanks - the substitution works to get rid of the version msg.

I should expect that what's heard currently from the Objects soundset on Hive version 8676 is not the definitive sounds since synth features may be missing ?

mevla wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:39 pm I should expect that what's heard currently from the Objects soundset on Hive version 8676 is not the definitive sounds since synth features may be missing ?
The Hive 2.0.1 update included mainly bug fixes and improvements in the browser section. The sound should be identical if used in Hive 2.0.

Return to “u-he Linux support”