NKS standard support for Sylenth?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Could you please make Sylenth compatible with NKS? Because what do you have to lost? Even Arturia (who makes competitive products with NI is compatible with NKS) If they can do it, LennarDigital can do it.
I just want one standard that the audio industry can agree and work on to improve year on year. We have MIDI, but even MIDI ports aren't standardized. But at least it's somewhat of a standard, and now we have MPE. We have built on top of an industry standard and great things happen when an industry comes together. NKS is a great starting point, if not perfect. Please choose something as a standard so we can turn some physical knobs and Sylenth knobs will turn too. You would also have more customers who don't use Sylenth. Nothing to lose, sir.

Thanks
A concerned citizen

Hi,

I agree that it would be great to have a public industry standard for something like NKS. However, NKS is not public. It's Native Instruments' format and I don't think they have any intentions to make it publicly available for other midi controller developers. So pushing all VST devs to implement NKS gives them a huge advantage over all other keyboard/controller brands, which isn't really fair if you ask me. Plus, other brands may start developing and pushing their own formats, creating extra work for all VST developers and just complicating things for everyone.

That said, we still do have plans to add NKS support at this point. Can't really say when it will be available though.

stephen96 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:13 pm Could you please make Sylenth compatible with NKS? Because what do you have to lost? Even Arturia (who makes competitive products with NI is compatible with NKS) If they can do it, LennarDigital can do it.
I just want one standard that the audio industry can agree and work on to improve year on year. We have MIDI, but even MIDI ports aren't standardized. But at least it's somewhat of a standard, and now we have MPE. We have built on top of an industry standard and great things happen when an industry comes together. NKS is a great starting point, if not perfect. Please choose something as a standard so we can turn some physical knobs and Sylenth knobs will turn too. You would also have more customers who don't use Sylenth. Nothing to lose, sir.

Thanks
A concerned citizen
You can buy that separately for some bucks.
google this:
freelancesoundlabs nks sylenth1

or there's an NI forum, where nks presets are shared, check that too.

and you can also save your nks presets for yourself.

i also think Lennard should ignore nks and rather do other nice new features, for example a new preset browser ...

dune_rave wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:51 am i also think Lennard should ignore nks and rather do other nice new features, for example a new preset browser ...
That's higher on the to-do list indeed!

Lennard wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:57 am
dune_rave wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:51 am i also think Lennard should ignore nks and rather do other nice new features, for example a new preset browser ...
That's higher on the to-do list indeed!
Good to hear that! :)

dune_rave wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:51 am
stephen96 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:13 pm Could you please make Sylenth compatible with NKS? Because what do you have to lost? Even Arturia (who makes competitive products with NI is compatible with NKS) If they can do it, LennarDigital can do it.

Thanks
A concerned citizen
You can buy that separately for some bucks.
google this:
freelancesoundlabs nks sylenth1

or there's an NI forum, where nks presets are shared, check that too.

and you can also save your nks presets for yourself.

i also think Lennard should ignore nks and rather do other nice new features, for example a new preset browser ...
Thanks.

Lennard wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:44 am Hi,

I agree that it would be great to have a public industry standard for something like NKS. However, NKS is not public. It's Native Instruments' format and I don't think they have any intentions to make it publicly available for other midi controller developers. So pushing all VST devs to implement NKS gives them a huge advantage over all other keyboard/controller brands, which isn't really fair if you ask me. Plus, other brands may start developing and pushing their own formats, creating extra work for all VST developers and just complicating things for everyone.

That said, we still do have plans to add NKS support at this point. Can't really say when it will be available though.
Thanks for the clarification. Upon further investigation, I found out NKS is a closed system and it's not gonna be an industry standard like vst or midi. I agree with your decision. We all hope we have a new public standard for hardware integration soon though. I'm sure there are plenty of people like me who bought into marketing promises just to be disappointed with the execution and long term support.

Return to “LennarDigital”