Edirol; How do I configure multiple instrument outputs

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all. I have been using many VSTi plugins as direct dll's but with Edirol's Orchestral application plugin I find it impossible to obtain the multi out of all instruments in the style selected. All I get is the first instrument in the orchestra list - no matter what i have tried in both the plug-in OR in XT!
I have tried multiple audio outs and midi's but to no effect.
There must be something I'm missing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
:cry:

Using Orchestral or Hypercanvas from Edirol can be a bit tricky but easy if you understand the program a bit

1. In ext2 make a new project and make sure you openup the track view on the top
2. For each instrument you have to select a seperate midi channel that matches the numbers in the edirol plugin
3. Edit the sound level and spaticial placements i.e stereofield

XT2 sees each vst as an instrumnt having multiple midi channels but treats the audio as one output but also gives you the option to use the other audio out's saving you a lot of overhead

and gives you the option to use complex setups

I like to add a 2.5 octave eq after the plugin giving me more sonic control
or a auto pan or other audio enhancing/mangler
Last edited by abraxu on Tue May 12, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Intel I7 cooled Noctua|ASUS P6T Rampage II Extreme|PC3 16000-Platinum Edition 9:9:9 BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC Sli|1820m+1212m|1100 GB Samples|M-Audio Prokey 88|Pianoteq III CME GPP3|Akai Mpd18|Zoom G9.2tt&Zoom PS04|Zoom HD16

Thanks abraxu,
I did actually manage to rumble it somewhwat when I stumbled upon the midi channel info as matching each instrument - but your help is fantastic! And yes, it does save a lot of overload. Apparently, I now need to assign to individual added instruments but with just one instance of Orchestral

Thank you once again,

Uncle_Dom
:)

Same problem in Reaper with edirol, only getting first instrument, but want use all 16?

i've used orchestrol in reaper. it's all about setting and resetting the midi channels. big pros - it doesnt save your settings - so i quickly render to audio - then change the instrument / settings.
haven't used it recently - so i'll have another look later.

settings for individual setups can be saved as *.fxp use the dotted button beside the presets in the top left corner a menu of the plugin window

this will popup with the following options

Open
Save as
________

Rename
_________

Open bank
Save bank

or save the settings for each bank setup with the plugin itself
wich is better

because not all vst support this function it is usually saved with all he other parameters you changed in a format native to the plugin

(to grimdodger) you probably never used that function before or maybe your version doesn't have that particular bit in it .... ?

every plugin setting can be saved in a *.fxp but not all recall the settings

then again i would love to see that in xt plugins whould remember recently opened FXB files in dropdown menu in xt2 i think this "simple" feature would be really helpful.

Basically plugins should remember the history of opened FXB files pertaining
to the ones that are used for their settings

I'm converting many projects from Cubase and I have countless FXB files in different directories and it would save SOO much time browsing around if each plugin remembered which files I have opened (similar to the recent projects list).

usually this is saved at the location of the "nameplugin".dll so it is handy if you put the plugins and the settings in your xt folder or usb stick
so that even when you have to reinstall all these settings are saved

keeps you from meesing up the fxp files are usually really small so save that awsome setting you created an maybe reuse it for another project

good luck
Intel I7 cooled Noctua|ASUS P6T Rampage II Extreme|PC3 16000-Platinum Edition 9:9:9 BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC Sli|1820m+1212m|1100 GB Samples|M-Audio Prokey 88|Pianoteq III CME GPP3|Akai Mpd18|Zoom G9.2tt&Zoom PS04|Zoom HD16

OK, the dates on these posts are long past, so a real 'bow at a venture' here: several people were, obviously, using orchestral.dll back in the day.

If anyone stumbles on this post now in August 2020: does anyone have a pdf of the documentation that presumably came with it ? Or know of a link to it online ? I've found a simple installation guide on the Roland site, but nothing as to the actual use of the program. I am getting on with it, but it is a sufficiently large and complex set-up, that a bit of direct guidance as to the finer points wouldn't come amiss.
Sincerely
(and everyone stay safe, this strange year)
Ian Graham
Wales UK

And the very next thing I found was:

http://dallashodgson.info/articles/Acro ... estral.pdf

Ian G.

Return to “energyXT”