1.4 and 2.0 compatibility

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been digging up some old projects from way back, which used 1.4 to provide complex routing in order to mix Drumkit from Hell Superior: much use was made of the mixer options, with several 2 channel mixers spread about.

For some reason 1.4 crashes Tracktion 5, installed in 32bit mode on windows 10. So I had a look at the version 2 that I had, which I think is 2.0. I can't see any mixer in there, and I can't remember if there was preset compatibility between 1.4 and 2.0. So I'm wondering why I can't see a mixer option, besides a main mixer... it looks as though the overall design was changed.

So, was there compatibility between 1.4 and 2.0, and did the design change much from 2.0 going forward?
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

The 1.4 crashing behaviour occurs after I select the VST folder, so eXT loads but seems to crash whatever folder I select.

Ah, it seems to be unable to write to the .ini file. I've just tried fiddling with permissions but no success. I'm not too familiar with permissions on Windows 10, it seems convoluted, but as far as I can tell read and write are allowed.

Another question, will my license key cover me for the latest version? The current version on the website uses an installer, which I don't believe was the case before. Can I just put my key file in the same folder, as used to be the case?

Edit: it doesn't look like it, the website mentions entering a serial.

make sure ext 1.4 is in admin mode once, so that it can write its ini file.
After that, it doesn't need admin anymore!

Aha, thankyou. I'm not used to the permissions system, I'm looking at the options and I get the impression they're to do with the permissions the user / type of user has to modify the file that's been right-clicked on, rather than what the file itself can do to other files. How do I put the .dll file in admin mode?

chagzuki wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 am So, was there compatibility between 1.4 and 2.0, and did the design change much from 2.0 going forward?
No and no :shrug:

chagzuki wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:19 pm How do I put the .dll file in admin mode?
I meant:
- if using the standalone, start it (at least once) with administrator rights.
- if you are using the VST plugin, start your host (at least once) with administrator rights, and load also eXT as a plugin.

It is executables (.exe) which receive the privileges and the dll inherits that. You can't set administrative privileges to the dll only.
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

Awesome, it worked. Thanks very much.

Return to “energyXT”