OS X AU conversions of CM Studio instruments

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have converted the CM Studio instruments to AU using FXpansion, and the ones that don't load sound banks work just fine. However, the ones that DO use sound banks won't load up sounds because of a format problem. Anyone have a solution?

I'm not following you - by sound banks, do you mean FXB files or 202/404 files?

If it is the former, rather than the latter, it'd be best to post in the Fxpansion forum as that functionality is implemented in the adapter. If its the latter, then make sure you are using the onscreen load and save controls and not those in the adapter toolbar.

Hope this helps
Dave

What I mean is that the converted plug-in says it won't take anything but an FXB (which of course DS-404 files aren't). In practice however, it doesn't even seem to want to accept FXB files, either.

You're right, though; I should probably ask this in the FXpansion forum since your plug-ins work fine as VSTs. Which leads me to ask--are there any plans for making the plugs AU compatible without conversion? I'd love to use these plugs, particularly the drum machine, but so far I'm not having much luck.

I know that CM published some FXP/FXB files for CM303 that were created in Computer Muzys. These won't load in any other program because there is a bug in Computer Muzys that affects the way FXP/FXB files are created and loaded. Basically the Muzys people screwed the file format up.

If there's a particular FXB/FXP file that you think should load into CM101 or CM303 send it to me and I'll check it for you. If you are trying to load FXB/FXP files into SR202 or DS404 they won't work - files for SR202 end in .202 and files for DS404 end in .404 - to load and save them use the controls on the plugin's GUI and not those in the toolbar.

There are no plans to convert these plugins to AU that I'm aware of. You could ask the boys at Future Publishing but we've not been contracted to do anything for them since CM303.

Regards
Dave

Muon Software Ltd wrote: If you are trying to load FXB/FXP files into SR202 or DS404 they won't work - files for SR202 end in .202 and files for DS404 end in .404 - to load and save them use the controls on the plugin's GUI and not those in the toolbar.

Regards
Dave
Yeah, this is what I mean. When I convert SR202 and DS404 using FXpansion, it won't load anything but an FXB, which of course those instruments won't use. It won't load .202 or .404 files, but insists that I try to load an FXB.

Thanks for your time, I'll take it up with FXpansion. This is obviously not your problem.

Sounds to me like you are using the buttons in the adapter toolbar to try to load patches into SR202 and DS404 - DON'T.

Please use the buttons on the interface - they will load the 202 and 404 files perfectly, regardless of whether or not the plugin is wrapped or running as a native VSTi.

Return to “Muon Software”