Bug Reporting- Forum or Email?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is Bitwig's preferred method for reporting bugs? Here in this forum or via email at the contact address listed on their website?

For bug reports I would think the Mail form on the Website is the surer way to be heard with serious things.
They may be hard pressed for some days to come and I don't know how much time they have to read this forum. The forum I would recommend to find out IF something may be a bug or user error (or if a workaround has been fund already).
I'm sure in the coming days they will announce such stuff in some stickies (hint, hint ;-) ).

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Bug reporting through mail didn't work for me. When I got an error message and attempted to send it through the error handler in the software, the URL passed to GMail was too long (414). It was a local crash after I attempted to index VSTs on a different drive through the "add location" button.

Hm - always worked for me in the beta - maybe the servers were overloaded today? Should all get a bit more relaxed over the coming days...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

quick one:

http://www.bitwig.com/en/support/tech-support.html

back to pressing buttons!

I think it may be a GMail related thing. I had only typed one normal-length sentence as the error description, too, so it probably wasn't that. I'll see if I can reproduce the crash and then trim the passed URL manually.

... or I use the form that Dom posted above. ;)

I can put everything in the form, that's not a problem. I don't really need feedback since this is just demo time for me. I will know if the problems have been adressed when I check out the next version.

a sticky specifically for vst plugin issues would be useful

Return to “Bitwig”