Copying automatible parameters from track to track???

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is this possible? i.e. I've got a complex parameter curve (such as a "low-pass filter") and I'm trying to layer a number of tracks together to create a coehesive unifying sound (i.e. superstring...).

Also, is there some way of automating a low-pass (or any filter for that matter) filter in the "master" section so it effects all tracks at once?

That would be a yes and a yes.....
To answer the first question....
Select the parameter curve you want to copy ( curve changes from blue to red ). Place the "in " and "out" markers on either side of the section you want to copy. Find the button on the properties panel that says " Copy marked region to clipboard ". Now all you have to do is select the automation curve you want to paste into, set the cursor or the I/O markers, then click " Paste from Clipboard ". From there you have the options to paste at the cursor or between the markers.
and for the second question...
What I usually do is create an empty track, go to the little "A" in the upper right corner, select " Master Filter Parameters " rhen select the Parameter that I want from the list and there it is right there in my "Master Track"......
Hope this answers your questions....
good luck and happy recording....

Thank you.

Return to “Tracktion”